Author Topic: aIS: erroneous errors: your subscription has expired and invalid license file  (Read 9221 times)

newaisuser

good morning users,

I purchased the avast! Internet Security 2-year subscription and license on 3/15/2010.  Today (3/24/2010), instead of hearing/seeing the familiar green box "virus definitions have been updated", I got a red pop-up box saying: "your subscription for avast! Internet Security has expired. As a result, the program will not download any further updates."  This is inaccurate since I just bought the subscription and license 10 days ago.

Also, I saw another window (can't find it now) said, "Your avast! protection will expire in 723 days", but also says the following protections are expired: AntiSpyWare, Safeweb surfing, Silent Firewall, and Spam & scam email filter.

I tried to re-install the license (without re-installing the product).  From the Maintenance->Subscription tab, I selected "I already have a license".  Next window says: "Subscription status: Active; Subscription info: Licensed to <me>; Customer number <mine>; Subscription valid till: 3/15/2012."  This is correct.  But I clicked the "Insert License File" button anyway, and it says "Desktop\License.avastlic is not a valid avast! license file [2000001c]."

Not sure if it's part of the problem, but two days ago, I used ADD/REMOVE to delete both the Free version and aIS, then I reinstalled aIS and it seemed to be working.  Today -- first log on of the day, first internet connection of the day -- I get this error.

I have searched the forums but do not find a solution to my problem.  The closest workarounds were to (1) check the system date (it's correct), and (2) reinstall (again).  I'm hoping by now there's a simpler and permanent solution.

Please advise.  Thank you.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Please upload your license file to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming

newaisuser

@igor - Thanks for responding to my query.  Why am I to upload the license file?  Thank you!

ps -- I did it anyway while I await your answer.  thank you.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 06:57:44 PM by newaisuser »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
My guess so it can be analysed to find out why it might be considered invalid or expired.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

newaisuser

@DavidR - Thanks for your response -- I guess I should've assumed.  :-[

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
The license file doesn't work because a cashback has been performed for the corresponding purchase.
You should have received another license file for the second purchase (which is valid).

newaisuser

@igor - thanks for getting back to me.  The file I uploaded *is* the one from the second purchase.  The first (for which the cashback was issued) was a 1-year license; I renamed the first license file so they wouldn't be confused.  The file I uploaded is the same one I installed on 15 March 2010 when I installed the program with the 2-year license.

Although I didn't think it'd work, I downloaded the license again using the URL provided in the confirmation email.  (The email said the URL would expire on 22 March 2010.)  It gave the same error.

Please advise.  Thank you.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
OK, I suppose the problem was caused by the order of operations (I'm not sure if your actions, or the order of how thery were processed here).
It wasn't really purchase 1 / cashback / purchase 2, as I expected, but rather purchase 1 / purchase 2 / cashback 1 - which resulted in the license file you got.
I sent you a new license file as the reply to your support ticket.

newaisuser

@igor - Thank you for the new license file.  I installed it, and was able to successfully update the virus definition file.  This problem is resolved.   ;D  Thank you very much for your assistance. 

Lyn

your subscription has expired and invalid license file
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2010, 07:39:49 PM »
HI, I am in trouble. I am using Avast Internet security 5.0 my subscription is valid till 2011.2.8
but now I always received a message saying that my subscription has expired and I dont know what to do...

Please, help!!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: aIS: erroneous errors: your subscription has expired and invalid license file
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2010, 09:59:44 PM »
HI, I am in trouble. I am using Avast Internet security 5.0 my subscription is valid till 2011.2.8
but now I always received a message saying that my subscription has expired and I dont know what to do...

Please, help!!
Is your system time and date correct?
Please, upload (attach) the avast log: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\Setup\setup.log
(or the shorter C:\Users\All Users\Alwil Software\Avast5\log\Setup.log).

If the file is too big for the forum, post the last 400-500 lines of it.
The best things in life are free.