Author Topic: AVAST SET UP ERROR ???  (Read 4000 times)

overx

AVAST SET UP ERROR ???
« on: March 24, 2010, 09:30:53 PM »
Hello,

I have just bought Avast Internet security 5 but it seems impossible to download it.
Each time i try  a pop up tells me "Avast set up created an error and can't  complete the logiciel installation".
I tried to re - download the antivirus via the support website but it didn't work!!
Don't know what to do now .... I don't even know if i can get a refund!!

Help please?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: AVAST SET UP ERROR ???
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 09:56:16 PM »
Are you trying to download and save this to your hard disk first ?
Or are you trying to download and install in one operation ?

Are you using a download manager ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

overx

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 10:04:29 PM »
I have saved the set up link on my hard disk.
And then i click on the set up icone to begin the installation.
Everything works well and then when i reach the Avast Firewall installation part i have this pop up telling me An error occured in Avast Set Up the program can't be completely installed...

overx

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 10:42:47 PM »
If anyone has an idea..... :-\

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 11:03:48 PM »
do you have any security/virus program installed on the computer ?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 11:30:24 PM »
I have saved the set up link on my hard disk.
And then i click on the set up icone to begin the installation.
Everything works well and then when i reach the Avast Firewall installation part i have this pop up telling me An error occured in Avast Set Up the program can't be completely installed...

Yes I think you are downloading a very small file, that handles the on-line installation and it is this that is failing. The full off-line installation file is a little over 48MB, is that what you downloaded ?

This link I believe is for the English version, but you should be able to add the French localisation after installation http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_ais.exe. Though I don't know that from personal experience, but something that has been said in the forums, so I can't guarantee that this would work.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security