Author Topic: Quicky pause avast?  (Read 9639 times)

Rudoggy

Quicky pause avast?
« on: March 03, 2010, 02:28:19 PM »
As i am used to some other AV programs, i was wondering if Avast could also do this.
I would like to be able to quickly pause/halt avast from running on a managed client. I know i have used other programs that i could simply right-click on the tray icon and pause coverage.
I want to be able to do this to test programs that seem to be not getting along with Win7 and avast.
I did search on this but couldn't find an answer, an email to tech support just told me to read the manual. Which i did, but still couldn't find an answer.

thanks for help.

dynamic

Re: Quicky pause avast?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 09:58:01 PM »
From the server or at the client?  If you're at the client machine with avast managed (the netclient) installed), you can stop or pause specific providers, by right-clicking the tray icon (of course, this could be password protected by your admin, at which point you'd need to involve them).  I don't know that there's an option to kill the entire program, but that shouldn't really be needed.

111paul

Re: Quicky pause avast?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 09:34:22 PM »
You probably figured it out by now, but right click the tray icon, then select Avast! shields control, then pick which one you want.