Author Topic: DPC Latency will destroy the AVAST'S reputation ?  (Read 131909 times)

bong2x

Re: DPC Latency will destroy the AVAST'S reputation ?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2010, 08:12:40 PM »
ok wonderwrench i am thank you for introducing that testing
with that i did locate what is the problem in my computer
do you remember i say that i got the same peak value?
its just because my PC Suit Nokia driver is too old that is why i got that higher ratings
i change my Nokia Driver now its calm down no high DPC ratings

Best Regards!!!

Offline wonderwrench

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 08:20:50 PM »
Hey wonderwrench: it can't be, that you don't have this problem. Cako says that it is a flaw in avast, consequently you must have this latency. If not, it's a bug.  ;D
Maybe you should request a bug-update from alwil?

It is a bug but it may or may not be an Avast 5 bug. It very well might be a device driver bug in a hardware device that causes a conflict with Avast 5.
wonderwrench tanks again end ignore this user it just mess it up.( Zyndstoff)
Network Interface Card its Ok end updated.
my computer is always updated with everything, that's why I'm not going back to using version 396.

Question: How do you check to see if your drivers are up to date? Windows update? System or motherboard manufacturer? Non of these will insure you have the latest drivers. What NIC does your PC have. The problem you are having could be related to any device driver on your PC. To find the cause people having this problem need to list the hardware in there systems and see if any are common to all having this problem.
Main Box*i7 930*GB X58A-UD3R*3x4 gig Patriot DDR3 1600 EL*EVGA GTX 460 1 gig*Intel X25-M G2 80 gig*WD 2TB Green*ASUS DRW-24B3LT*Samsung SH-S223L*LG WH14NS40*Corsair AX750*Rosewill Challenger case*Windows 8 Pro 64 bit*Avast 8 Free 8.0.1482*MBAM Pro*Firefox 19.0.1*NoScript

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 09:07:11 PM »
Cako doesn't need to check anything. He knows that it is avast's problem and fault.
He knows!
 ;D
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2010, 09:18:38 PM »
I'm watching a movie and it's still all green. avast! is fully enabled of course. Vista x64...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline calcu007

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • I'm lamma!
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 12:24:06 AM »
He thinks he knows
Asus Intel i7 8GB RAM , Win 8.1 64 bit, Avast IS

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 12:40:55 AM »
Try to use Device Doctor (Device Driver Updater) to confirm the drivers are up to date.
http://www.devicedoctor.com/

Not perfect, but may help some...
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Cako

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 12:48:58 AM »
Hey wonderwrench: it can't be, that you don't have this problem. Cako says that it is a flaw in avast, consequently you must have this latency. If not, it's a bug.  ;D
Maybe you should request a bug-update from alwil?

It is a bug but it may or may not be an Avast 5 bug. It very well might be a device driver bug in a hardware device that causes a conflict with Avast 5.
wonderwrench tanks again end ignore this user it just mess it up.( Zyndstoff)
Network Interface Card its Ok end updated.
my computer is always updated with everything, that's why I'm not going back to using version 396.

Question: How do you check to see if your drivers are up to date? Windows update? System or motherboard manufacturer? Non of these will insure you have the latest drivers. What NIC does your PC have. The problem you are having could be related to any device driver on your PC. To find the cause people having this problem need to list the hardware in there systems and see if any are common to all having this problem.

well.
I have few programs with drivers in my PC, myself download and upgrade all.
I deactivated several drivers and devices, even uninstalled the motorola one and the problem with high DPC latency continues.
My Windows update its on,end working -all updates.
motherboard  asus.-all driver updates ...
I I used my device manager, there no conflict.
i disable multiple devices , and the problem continues.
I get the last 3 hours doing this and i dont found nothing,all versions of drivers who I use are in accordance with the manufacturers.
i dont use cracks in my softwares.
how you could find the exactly driver who was giving this problem to you ???  ???
you are one of the few here who really believe in helping.
as you can see what they write here, unfortunately not all have the same inteded to help.
thanks. :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 01:29:32 AM by Cako »

Cako

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 12:52:11 AM »
Try to use Device Doctor (Device Driver Updater) to confirm the drivers are up to date.
http://www.devicedoctor.com/

Not perfect, but may help some...
thanks, i will install now.

Cako

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2010, 02:52:29 PM »
personally I I spent my time in the latest 27 hours doing tests on my computer.
I installed the Device Doctor and guess what, any driver needs to be installed or updated.
I uninstall Avast 5 end install Avast 4.8 (latest version)
Avast 4.8 - low DPC latency.
I uninstall avast 4.8 and install kaspersky.
kaspersky - low DPC latency.
I uninstall kaspersky and install AVG.
AVG - low DPC latency.
I uninstall AVG and install Avast 5 version 396.
Avast 5 version 396 - low DPC latency.
I uninstall Avast 5 version 396 end install Avast 5 version 462.
Avast 5 version 462 - very high DPC latency. >:(
when I deactivated the P2P shield scan - low DPC latency.
well, the only thing left to do its downgrade the drivers, but I will not do.
I'm using Avast 5 version462.

My sister's computer:
have the exactly same result.
her computer has a conf. completely different from mine.

Next version of avast.
I'll wait for the next version and see if the problem continues, I will create another topic again, end again,end again , end again, end again..........
thank for everything guys.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 02:56:18 PM by Cako »

dabeniao

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2010, 04:04:13 PM »
I use Windows Vista HomePremium SP2, with Limewire and uTorrent (Sorry, don't like emule  :P)

No matter I open the P2P programs, with (7) avast! shields on or off,  I see no difference on the DPC value.

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2010, 05:21:03 PM »
I'll run eMule and uTorrent for test, but don't expect much... because my internet provider doesn't allow us to use P2P system and I can't download any file via P2P even Openoffice.org installer :'(
I can only run these software without connection (even so P2P shield scans something... it counts now thousands files total :o)

I can't find any change about P2P shield between 5.0.396 to 5.0.462, so this problem is completely beyond me :-\
I hope your problem will be solved...

Best wishes
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 05:33:12 PM by NON »
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Cako

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2010, 05:31:08 PM »
I'll run eMule and uTorrent for test, but don't expect much... because my internet provider doesn't allow us to use P2P system and I can't download any file via P2P even Openoffice.org installer :'(
I can only run these software without connection (even so P2P shield scans something... it counts now thousands files total :o)

I can't find any change about P2P shield between 5.0.396 to 5.0.418, so this problem is completely beyond me :-\
I hope your problem will be solved...

Best wishes

hi, thanks again for the tip about Device Doctor.
so, this problem appears only after a few hours.
let avast scan the files of emule for 9 hours or more and check the DPC latency.
I hope fix this problem one day.
thanks again.. :D

Offline wonderwrench

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2010, 06:56:53 PM »
personally I I spent my time in the latest 27 hours doing tests on my computer.
I installed the Device Doctor and guess what, any driver needs to be installed or updated.
I uninstall Avast 5 end install Avast 4.8 (latest version)
Avast 4.8 - low DPC latency.
I uninstall avast 4.8 and install kaspersky.
kaspersky - low DPC latency.
I uninstall kaspersky and install AVG.
AVG - low DPC latency.
I uninstall AVG and install Avast 5 version 396.
Avast 5 version 396 - low DPC latency.
I uninstall Avast 5 version 396 end install Avast 5 version 462.
Avast 5 version 462 - very high DPC latency. >:(
when I deactivated the P2P shield scan - low DPC latency.
well, the only thing left to do its downgrade the drivers, but I will not do.
I'm using Avast 5 version462.

My sister's computer:
have the exactly same result.
her computer has a conf. completely different from mine.

Next version of avast.
I'll wait for the next version and see if the problem continues, I will create another topic again, end again,end again , end again, end again..........
thank for everything guys.

Is is possible build 396 did not scan P2P traffic but 462 does? Kato: was there activity in the P2P graph using build 3.96? You say your sisters PC is also downloading P2P using eMule? Do other P2P programs also exhibit the same problem? If not it could be a conflict between eMule and Avast 5. What happens if you close or pause eMule? does this also fix the DPC latency problem or does it stay the same?
Main Box*i7 930*GB X58A-UD3R*3x4 gig Patriot DDR3 1600 EL*EVGA GTX 460 1 gig*Intel X25-M G2 80 gig*WD 2TB Green*ASUS DRW-24B3LT*Samsung SH-S223L*LG WH14NS40*Corsair AX750*Rosewill Challenger case*Windows 8 Pro 64 bit*Avast 8 Free 8.0.1482*MBAM Pro*Firefox 19.0.1*NoScript

Cako

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2010, 07:27:55 PM »
hi wonderwrench.
Is is possible build 396 did not scan P2P traffic but 462 does? Kato: was there activity in the P2P graph using build 3.96?
no.
avast is scanning the emule, I saw the graphics.

You say your sisters PC is also downloading P2P using eMule?
yes,she has emule end avast its scanning.(not now, eMule is disabled to not have problems with the sound.)

Do other P2P programs also exhibit the same problem?
well.i have 3,emule,utorrnte end limewire.
i test emule end utorrent -high DPC latency-

If not it could be a conflict between eMule and Avast 5,What happens if you close or pause eMule
I thought about it, but because the 396 version dont has it.
when I turn off the emule the graphic of P2P of avast version 462  stop end i have low DPC latency.

does this also fix the DPC latency problem or does it stay the same?
I did not sleep, I was very tired and turned off my PC, I need a few hours with avast scaning the P2P for testing limewire and pause emule.

I've never seen this in my life.
I understand something about computers, but is the first time I see a problem like that.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 07:29:43 PM by Cako »

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2010, 01:59:04 PM »
I'm afraid I failed to reproduce your problem... even after about 20 hours DPC Latency Checker doesn't show any peek.
It seems this problem occurs only in XP, so maybe this is the reason I failed... I use Vista :P
I also run uTorrent in XP compatibility mode but no effect. Only I noticed is a bit increase of sound chattering when a load has been added to my PC.

What happening in your P2P shield... got me stumped.  :-\

Again I hope your problem will be solved. Best wishes
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 02:01:12 PM by NON »