Author Topic: DPC Latency will destroy the AVAST'S reputation ?  (Read 132104 times)

Cako

Re: DPC Latency will destroy the AVAST'S reputation ?
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2010, 03:04:00 PM »
my friend I need pray more..
since yesterday I've been trying to do this program work but i cant, this program (Install Windows Performance Analysis Tools) does not install on my xp
it dont install this files on my xp.
GPUView
HeapAction_CullFunctionsExample.txt
KernelTraceControl.dll
KernelTraceControl.h
README.txt
WPF Performance Suite - installed
WaitClassification_ImportantThreadStartFunctions.t xt
WaitClassification_WatchFunctions.txt
WaitClassification_WatchLocks.txt
WindowsPerformanceToolkit.chm
dbghelp.dll
hwpower2etw.exe
hwpower2etw.ini
perf_heap.dll
perf_nt.dll
perf_nt_c.dll
perf_nt_g.dll
perf_onoff.dll
perf_onoff_c.dll
perf_onoff_g.dll
perf_tdh.dll
perfcore.dll
perfcore.ini
perfctrl.dll
perfg.dll
symsrv.dll
xbootmgr.exe
xbootmgr.log
xbootmgrSleep.exe
xperf.exe
xperfview.exe
I'll keep looking for it or try something else.

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2010, 04:26:31 PM »
since yesterday I've been trying to do this program work but i cant, this program (Install Windows Performance Analysis Tools) does not install on my xp
<snip>

I'm afraid I found a sad article...
http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/sasha/archive/2008/03/15/xperf-windows-performance-toolkit.aspx
First of all, you need to install it from WHDC.  Note that the installation is only supported on Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008 (I got it to be almost fully functional without Vista SP1, but caveat emptor).  Data collection can be performed on a Windows XP SP2 or Windows Server 2003 system (you only need xperf.exe and perfctrl.dll for that), but the trace decoding can only be performed on NT 6.0 and higher.
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Do you have Vista/7 PC?
If not, I'll upload these 2 files to somewhere (I already sent a personal message to you, because I think this is my last post today...), and if you don't mind, I'll see what driver causes your problem.
I'm not an expert but only a normal PC user, so maybe I can do is seeing the driver's filename. :-\

I know it contains some your personal information (process names, or such?) , but if you don't mind...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 05:27:22 PM by NON »
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

Cako

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2010, 06:59:15 PM »
<snip>

I'm afraid I found a sad article...
http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/sasha/archive/2008/03/15/xperf-windows-performance-toolkit.aspx
First of all, you need to install it from WHDC.  Note that the installation is only supported on Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008 (I got it to be almost fully functional without Vista SP1, but caveat emptor).  Data collection can be performed on a Windows XP SP2 or Windows Server 2003 system (you only need xperf.exe and perfctrl.dll for that), but the trace decoding can only be performed on NT 6.0 and higher.
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Do you have Vista/7 PC?
If not, I'll upload these 2 files to somewhere (I already sent a personal message to you, because I think this is my last post today...), and if you don't mind, I'll see what driver causes your problem.
I'm not an expert but only a normal PC user, so maybe I can do is seeing the driver's filename. :-\

I know it contains some your personal information (process names, or such?) , but if you don't mind...
i just have the windows xp,i will update to windows 7 soon. :D
I dont know what to say to thank, but I tried put all the files and did not work, windows xp does not accept commands to the xperf, I could not trace,i try everything.
i put the 2 files o c:\  end C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Performance Toolkit end try start experf.exe end i use the cmd
I use rattv3, it also tracks the dpc.
I'll put this photo here.
later I'll search the drivers suspicious.
i upload the log file heare.
http://uploading.com/files/82c54f59/cswa-accumulator-report.zip/
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 09:59:24 PM by Cako »

Cako

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2010, 08:42:48 PM »
probably one of the suspects drivers are responsible for the high DPC latency on my PC.
tcpip.sys
VIDEOPRT.SYS
Ndis.sys

end a driver was classified as Unknown.
the most suspect that is conflicting with avast I think it's the tcpip.sys
the problem happening with DPC using P2P shield.
I'll keep looking.
NON.
you fix your problem ?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 09:58:39 PM by Cako »

coolsilver

« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2010, 02:38:37 AM »
My guess whatever is causing your issue will be gone when you upgrade to Windows 7.

Who are the publishers of those files in the file properties? Are they Microsoft driver files or replaced by something else?

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2010, 06:43:21 AM »
probably one of the suspects drivers are responsible for the high DPC latency on my PC.
tcpip.sys
VIDEOPRT.SYS
Ndis.sys

<snip>
NON.
you fix your problem ?

Not yet.

tcpip.sys appears in my list too, and it causes high DPC Latancy. Ndis.sys also appears, but it causes low DPC Latency.

I noticed that unplug my USB mouse resolves USBPORT.sys's DPC Latency... I'll check my mouse driver.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Cako

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2010, 02:20:16 PM »
My guess whatever is causing your issue will be gone when you upgrade to Windows 7.

Who are the publishers of those files in the file properties? Are they Microsoft driver files or replaced by something else?
i have Another suspect i8042prt.sys
all drivers belong to microsoft.
I'm sure, when i upgrade to Windows 7 that will be fixed
Theory.
I think that somehow avast is forcing the drivers.
should be a combination of avast and other drivers, probably when they correct the high DPC latency in malwarebites these problems may reduce or stop.
that is why nobody can reproduce what happens to me, each computer has a specific configuration and different drivers.
NON.
I got this driver of the mouse and keyboard i8042prt.sys it is not causing high DPC latency but high ISR.
my mouse its usb end i unplug him,but not work with me.
I hope fix your problem soo.
I'll keep searching one by one, but if my theory is correct only avast can improve the system.
I think it is night in Japan,good night.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 09:28:05 PM by Cako »

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2010, 04:56:52 PM »
I'm sure, when you upgrade to Windows 7 that will be fixed
Theory.
should be a combination of avast and other drivers, probably when they correct the high DPC latency in malwarebites these problems may reduce or stop.
that is why nobody can reproduce what happens to me, each computer has a specific configuration and different drivers.
NON.
I got this driver of the mouse and keyboard i8042prt.sys it is not causing high DPC latency but high ISR.
I'll keep searching one by one, but if my theory is correct only avast can improve the system.

Cako, you are much familiar with PCs than me :)

Only I found about videoprt.sys is this, maybe you already found:
With Nvidia video card, turning powermizer off would reduce DPC latency... Dynamic GPU clock change (especially clock decrease) can cause high DPC latency.

It's around noon in Brazil, right? Have a good day!

Cako

« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2010, 12:22:14 AM »
I'm sure, when you upgrade to Windows 7 that will be fixed
Theory.
NON.

Cako, you are much familiar with PCs than me :)

Only I found about videoprt.sys is this, maybe you already found:
With Nvidia video card, turning powermizer off would reduce DPC latency... Dynamic GPU clock change (especially clock decrease) can cause high DPC latency.

It's around noon in Brazil, right? Have a good day!

I know a little about computers but I learned a little more here with you and some users of the forum.
I search and I'm still researching all the drivers, and I have decided to bring this problem to a university teacher of programming here.
if I have good news I will write here again, if I have bad news I will write here too.
if you can find the solution to your problem write here.
are 12 hours of difference between Brazil and Japan, 4:00 PM here are 4:00 AM in Japan.
I hope and I will continue looking for a permanent solution to back use P2P shield.
thanks for everything.

dajisan

« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2010, 05:29:32 PM »
Hello everyone! i just joined this forum because we are ALL having the SAME issue with our pcs, and we all have Avast installed :)

please read my post, i temporarily found a solution:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=56742.msg488790#msg488790

And i followed the steps here to diagnose the problem:

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/140263-how-to-get-the-cause-of-high-cpu-usage-by-dpc-interrupt/

I hope this will serve as a bridge towards a permanent fix...

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2010, 06:08:18 PM »
Hello everyone! i just joined this forum because we are ALL having the SAME issue with our pcs, and we all have Avast installed :)

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/140263-how-to-get-the-cause-of-high-cpu-usage-by-dpc-interrupt/

dajisan, thank you for your post.

In fact, the tool you mentioned (Windows Performance Toolkit) is already tried, and unfortunately Cako is running XP on his PC... this tools run only partial on XP.
But anyway, your issue is very similar to ours, so I hope diagnosis on your PC clarify these issues. :)

Try to use Device Doctor (Device Driver updater), this may help drivers update.
http://www.devicedoctor.com/

And I also mentioned before, nVidia device driver with "powermizer" can cause high DPC Latency... it seems you use nVidia, so if you can turn it off, try and check the results.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 06:34:05 PM by NON »

Cako

« Reply #71 on: April 02, 2010, 06:39:36 PM »

Hi dajisan,welcome to the forum.
When more people report this problem, better the chance to fix it.
I could not use the Windows Performance Toolkit (which is a great tool and more precise than the one I used)
I used the rattv3 ,this it is a tool for auditing the execution times of interrupt service routines (ISRs), deferred procedure calls (DPCs)
if anyone use Windows XP can download here:
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/DevTools/tools/RATT.mspx
go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles\RATTV3 end open the logfile with wordpad end save to fix the words.
I also found this site that's a little more information.
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/Driver/tips/DPC_ISR.mspx
use the tips of NON, he is very good with PCs.

NON.
I had tried your tip of PowerMizer, but I think this option exists only in mobile computers.
this configuration option does not exist here on my PC.
I use gforce 6200LE with updated drivers.
but your tip was very good, it actually causes DPC latency and should be disabled if not is being used in some PCs.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 06:48:47 PM by Cako »

Cako

« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2010, 08:21:48 PM »
this is unbelievable.
this happened after using the full scan by 1:39
its so difficult to fix this....... :-\.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 08:32:48 PM by Cako »

bong2x

« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2010, 08:43:41 PM »
hey that super interference what happen?

happy Easter to all!!!

sign-on to avast!!

Cako

« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2010, 09:08:06 PM »
hey that super interference what happen?

happy Easter to all!!!

sign-on to avast!!
hi my friend,this happened to me while I did a full scan, if I pause the full scan it gets low
Happy Easter!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:09:57 PM by Cako »