Author Topic: DPC Latency will destroy the AVAST'S reputation ?  (Read 132085 times)

bong2x

Re: DPC Latency will destroy the AVAST'S reputation ?
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2010, 06:51:43 PM »
ok! thanks NON,

i am looking for ACPI but i cannot find it. its part of OS but its only Optional if you use it or not.

cannot find also the good driver for wireless card. just disable it. its not important no wifi here ;D

By The Way(btw) i will try your recommended software, and i will post here if there is development ;)

i do not have video card only in motherboard,

Best Regards!!!

Cako

« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2010, 07:07:15 PM »
continue from 3rd picture
Congratulations bong2x, you did a great job.
this problem is too complex, for some people just update drivers end this will be fixed for other just uninstalled.
for others,its clear,asvast is in conflict with one or more drivers.
just uninstall or stop using some resources from avast will stop the problem, so it is very important to know which drivers are causing the problem to be closer of a solution.
in your case you found what is the cause of your problem, this is very good. ;D ;D
everything you put here on this topic will help others with the same problem.thanks..
this problem is very stressful,I'm sorry if I offended anyone... :-\

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2010, 07:26:48 PM »
the DPC latency problem is indeed very complex issue

often it's driver (mainly hardware related one like drive controllers, NIC (very often wificards), audiocards or USB devices) usually bad coding
then it's collision of drivers either for hardware or also software again usually bad coding

and then there are very hidden DPC issues related to mainboard BIOS/firmware of certain controllers
(in this case You need contact Your mainboard manufacturer if You sure about it,
but usually it's no chance to discover unless one bios version all was ok and next one DPC went crazy)

ofcourse it can be also combination of above factors which makes it pain to follow even while using
Rattv3, Kernrates, KRView or Xperf ...

yet in this case it's easiest on W7 to trace than previous OSes
ofcourse this not apply for hardware related issues
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 07:28:27 PM by Dwarden »
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

bong2x

« Reply #108 on: April 14, 2010, 12:18:20 AM »
no luck NON. :'(

i have already the latest driver of my wireless card :'(

thanks!

Best Regards!!!

snarky

« Reply #109 on: April 14, 2010, 03:18:52 AM »
I removed avast! Internet Security and installed avast! Free, and did not install the P2P shield at all this time.

No DPC issues at all anymore.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #110 on: April 14, 2010, 07:23:27 AM »
I removed avast! Internet Security and installed avast! Free, and did not install the P2P shield at all this time.

Wait for a few hours/day and check again. It's usually worse when the system is up for some time.
I still refuse to admit that the issue is P2P Shield related (unless it's scanning excessive number of files, which can be easily verified using the
P2P Shield's realtime traffic chart) - firewall, maybe, but not P2P Shield.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

bong2x

« Reply #111 on: April 14, 2010, 11:02:12 AM »
snarky,

the p2p shield is very important to me and to all user that like to download music, video or live coverage.

the dpc is not connected with my p2p but dpc peak is generated in my system when: there is an interruption in power (battery Driver) or electromagnetic wave signal that is modulated by wireless card. i did try to monitor the wifi noise the peak of dpc is interphase with it.

and the visualization alchemy random increase the peak also but it is small amount only.

Regards!!!

bong2x

« Reply #112 on: April 14, 2010, 11:20:58 AM »
and this is my p2p  shield sensitivity settings

Cako

« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2010, 03:01:36 PM »

hi snarky!
you have exactly the same problem I have.
when I disable the programs (limewire,emule end utorrent) in the advanced settings or disable the P2P shield my DPC latency its normal ever.
see this picture, my PC its turned on about 16 hours without DPC problems .
I'm now using avast free version 5.0.504 without P2P shield scan
This is my temporary solution.
snarky, leave your PC switched on for 15 or 24 hours and put a picture like that here if you can, thanks.

this happens after the P2P shield scans files of emule for hours.
But they refuse to believe, is not about to admit, but to believe and find a solution
many people must have the same problem and dont know ..
My conf.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 07:31:39 PM by Cako »

snarky

« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2010, 10:47:30 PM »
Wait for a few hours/day and check again. It's usually worse when the system is up for some time.
I still refuse to admit that the issue is P2P Shield related (unless it's scanning excessive number of files, which can be easily verified using the P2P Shield's realtime traffic chart) - firewall, maybe, but not P2P Shield.

Still no noticeable DPC CPU usage.

But you very well may be right.  Now that I'm using the free product, I obviously don't have the firewall installed.  This would also explain why (when I still had IS installed) DPCs kept using lots of CPU time even after P2P shield was disabled.  I'm not really that interested anymore though, to be honest.

the p2p shield is very important to me and to all user that like to download music, video or live coverage.

It's important to me too, but after all these years, P2P shield still doesn't work well with uTorrent (i.e. uTorrent is deselected by default), and uTorrent is the only P2P client I use, so even if there is no DPC issue with it, why would I use the P2P shield?

Cako

« Reply #115 on: April 16, 2010, 03:11:34 AM »
very strange.
I used process explorer on my PC and am trying see what causes the high DPC.
on properties I've seen it in the photo.
I dont know if it is a process or a driver.
I'm sure,when it gets in this position the peak appears red in my DPC latency checker.
It seems the problem happens when the avast ends the scan and not during the scan.
when I'm using P2P shield to scan files emule.(keep testing and looking)
using free avast 5.0.507.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 07:33:12 PM by Cako »

Cako

« Reply #116 on: April 16, 2010, 07:43:04 PM »
Good news. :D
after doing the full scan on my system by 1:43 (an hour and forty-three minutes) i dont have any problem of slow down or high DPC on my computer.
look at the difference between this photos.

this happened after use the full scan by 1:39 using avast free 5.0.462

this happened after use the full scan by 1:43 using avast free 5.0.507
this is a huge difference.
I tested it twice and I think the latest changes in avast fix this problem on my pc.

but unfortunately when I test  the P2P shield when he scanned using only the P2P shield, still appear red peaks and sound problems.
but the free version of avast 5.0.507 is much more stable and faster on my system.

EDIT- time edited 1:40 to 1:43 (the real time) - sorry my mistake
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 07:59:25 PM by Cako »

bong2x

« Reply #117 on: April 16, 2010, 08:12:27 PM »
something like distortion. ::)

looks like the same peak as battery controller enable,

::) is p2p shield use impulsive amount of power when it is scanning?  ???

Regards!!!

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #118 on: April 16, 2010, 08:18:00 PM »

More stable than mine. ;D ;D ;D  Good news. 8) I'm glad to hear that.
(say, it doesn't mean my PC is unstable ;)).

What do eMule's properties in Process Explorer show when red peak appears? It may be useful to identify what happened.

something like distortion. ::)

looks like the same peak as battery controller enable,

::) is p2p shield use impulsive amount of power when it is scanning?  ???

Regards!!!

Scanning many files can cause high CPU (and HDD) usage, so disable power-controller device (Desktop PC also has it, maybe) is worth trying, I think.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

bong2x

« Reply #119 on: April 16, 2010, 08:49:10 PM »
Scanning many files can cause high CPU (and HDD) usage, so disable power-controller device (Desktop PC also has it, maybe) is worth trying, I think.

i like this line NON :D

if something useless, then disable it or uninstall it.

i think maybe by the time i install my os its ask me if i want to install battery controller, i did put in yes and continue anyway :D
but i don't have battery mounted in the computer ;D
so what this driver do? when it is enable?

Thanks!!!

Best Regards!!!