Author Topic: Cant open licence registation... LIVID !!!!  (Read 9814 times)

dizzy-uk

Cant open licence registation... LIVID !!!!
« on: March 25, 2010, 05:51:24 PM »
I have spent nearly two and a half hours trying to install Avast pro which I purchased on line.
I followed the instructions carefully until it came to opening the licence registration number.
The file extension is not recognised and consequently I cannot go any further in the process of installation.
After looking for support in this matter I am so angry I wish I had never heard of Avast and will not purchase a futher edition.
Trying to find help on this subject is impossible and I have been going around in circles for ages
How can I get my money back, or make a phone complaint so as to explain my dilemma ?
 ???

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Cant open licence registation... LIVID !!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 05:53:59 PM »
You can simply save the license file to your disk and rename it to the required extension (license.avastlic, for example).
The contacts are both on the web and in the help file.

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 11:24:28 PM »
This really surprises me since when I installed PRO, it asked for the license file, I directed it to it and wham! it was done.

Just to be safe, I stored the license file on all of my computers and burned  several CDs with the file as well.
printed on 100% recycled bytes

dizzy-uk

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 01:07:28 AM »
Thank you both for your comments, after a few hours I finally managed to insert the licence key even though I had a curt message from the support centre saying they had no record of my purchase.
I am certainly not impressed by either the support centre, or the product and will not use avast again when my subscription expires.

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 10:24:34 AM »
I'm wondering why someone buys a product without using the 30-day trial version beforehand?
I don't buy a car without test-driving it...
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

dizzy-uk

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 11:10:45 AM »
I'm wondering why someone buys a product without using the 30-day trial version beforehand?
I don't buy a car without test-driving it...

What has that got to do with the fact that I could not insert the licence key?
As a matter of fact I did test drive it, so what is your point?

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2010, 11:15:01 AM »
My point is, that you wrote "not impressed by the product", which is astonishing if you have tested it beforehand.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

bong2x

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2010, 11:30:40 AM »
:))
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 12:29:43 PM by bong2x »

YoKenny

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2010, 12:49:19 PM »
My point is, that you wrote "not impressed by the product", which is astonishing if you have tested it beforehand.

+1

To paraphrase a famous Roman Julius Caesar:
Veni Vidi Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around.

I tried avast! I liked what I saw.  Its now part of my system's Layered Protection.

dizzy-uk

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 11:17:58 PM »

The point I was trying to make is that once I had the full version I realised that the support was rubbish, therefore I concluded that as part of the overall package, the product did not impress me...
Does that explain my position better ?

YoKenny

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 12:04:29 AM »
@  dizzy-uk

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but YOU CAN'T PLEASE ALL THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME.

dizzy-uk

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 12:44:19 AM »
@  dizzy-uk

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but YOU CAN'T PLEASE ALL THE PEOPLE ALL THE TIME.

OK 'Abe' you got my attention :) what was your post about   ???

YoKenny

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 12:59:36 AM »
I have no idea why they had no record of your purchase.
Did you get an email with the licence?

You do not need to register with the Free version but it does require a valid working email address that's not Hotmail or Yahoo or Gmail I believe but I may be wrong.

dizzy-uk

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 01:45:14 AM »
I have no idea why they had no record of your purchase.
Did you get an email with the licence?

You do not need to register with the Free version but it does require a valid working email address that's not Hotmail or Yahoo or Gmail I believe but I may be wrong.

After I received the email I sent copies the full documentation that I had received but got no reply or apology for such a curt reply.
They had my email address yes.
I came on here for help but all I got were snide comments or innuendo as you can see by the other replies I have had.
I made no insults I just made reasonable but frustrated comments about what I see as a poor setup for the support network on avast.
My email address is at hotmail, they had no probs sending the licence key I received that pretty swiftly it just would not let me insert it. After many tries it finally allowed me to do so.

CharleyO

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 11:15:11 AM »

So, avast is now working for you, right?