Author Topic: Windows security center: "you are out of date"  (Read 2862 times)

Gohoos81

Windows security center: "you are out of date"
« on: March 26, 2010, 02:34:22 AM »
Installed avast 5 free on a laptop I normally do not use, it is fully up to date (100325-1 as of this writing), and microsoft security center reports I am out of date.  A quick search of previous topics reveals most questions asked refer to avast 4.8 instead.  Any help or step-by-step trouble shooting?

Windows XP SP3 (32-bit)

Thanks

YoKenny

Re: Windows security center: "you are out of date"
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 02:54:24 AM »
Go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information  then update your Signature: with information like my signature as this helps the helpers offer pertinent advice.

Check the system date and time to make sure it is correct.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Windows security center: "you are out of date"
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 04:10:11 AM »
Installed avast 5 free on a laptop I normally do not use, it is fully up to date (100325-1 as of this writing), and microsoft security center reports I am out of date.  A quick search of previous topics reveals most questions asked refer to avast 4.8 instead.  Any help or step-by-step trouble shooting?

Windows XP SP3 (32-bit)

Thanks

It doesn't really matter that much if they are 4.8 related as I believe most of the suggested solutions are the same for both.

System date check as YoKenny suggests.

If that is correct - Try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. This has in the past resolved this out of sync issue between reported and actual virus definitions version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security