Author Topic: No help from the avast support techs, this sucks  (Read 7891 times)

Erroneus

Re: No help from the avast support techs, this sucks
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2010, 01:13:14 PM »
A program like Keepass is great for storing licenses, what ever they are codes or small files, like the Avast licens file,

And mixed with a service like Dropbox, where you can store the keyfile from Keepass, which even saves earlier revisions and can undelete, you should be pretty save :)

Just remember to use a proper password on your keepass file off couse :)

rubenh

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 04:14:12 PM »
Hey guys, this is Ruben. I purchased Avast 5 Internet Security last Friday and still haven't received my license key. I have sent numerous emails, posted tickets at the support site and called the phone number listed for sales support. I haven't gotten anything but auto-response messages. I did get an email with my purchase receipt but that is it, no email with the license key file.

Can anyone help me?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 11:42:40 PM »
Ruben, sorry for that. The most we, users, can do is calling Alwil team attention to your problem.
Where (site) did you buy avast?
The best things in life are free.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 11:46:02 PM »
Also did your ISP remove the licence attachment as spam/virus ?

coolsilver

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 01:16:50 AM »
CEO must have all of Avast lost in their new offices hiding under desks for sleep and working all hours to code.

I'm kinda tired of random people claiming avast has no support or lack of support that responds within reasonable time.

Either something has majorly changed at Avast and just now seeing the effects or it's been gradual and we are all blind to it since we (most active forum users) have little to no actual issues that needs the support team.

I know everyone is busy doing their part, working on projects etc. But I'd never thought I would think Avast has gotten the workload where the staff (all of which I find to be very knowledgeable) is working around the clock working to death. It has to be too much work and not enough who know the in's and out's of the product. I don't think anyone has been laid off.

Already getting a bad vibe that something while going as well as it always has.... an underlying issue (such as management etc).

Sorry to distract away from the user's issue but I think this issue should been well resolved by now with the multiple tickets, email license issues, etc. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 01:19:33 AM by coolsilver »

Offline Snagglegrain

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 01:41:05 AM »
CEO must have all of Avast lost in their new offices hiding under desks for sleep and working all hours to code.

I'm kinda tired of random people claiming avast has no support or lack of support that responds within reasonable time.

Either something has majorly changed at Avast and just now seeing the effects or it's been gradual and we are all blind to it since we (most active forum users) have little to no actual issues that needs the support team.

I know everyone is busy doing their part, working on projects etc. But I'd never thought I would think Avast has gotten the workload where the staff (all of which I find to be very knowledgeable) is working around the clock working to death. It has to be too much work and not enough who know the in's and out's of the product. I don't think anyone has been laid off.

Already getting a bad vibe that something while going as well as it always has.... an underlying issue (such as management etc).

Sorry to distract away from the user's issue but I think this issue should been well resolved by now with the multiple tickets, email license issues, etc. 
I'm not sure I follow what you're trying to say.
The two bolded quotes above strike me as contradictory.
Do you think there is a problem with avast support, or not?