Author Topic: Avast 5.0.462 Virus Chest  (Read 2473 times)

UncaBunjie

Avast 5.0.462 Virus Chest
« on: March 28, 2010, 11:17:02 PM »
How do I tell Avast to delete anything it finds instead of saving it to the damn chest?   I hate programs that don't give me a choice.   The old Avast had that choice.   This is so AVG like.

waking

Re: Avast 5.0.462 Virus Chest
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 11:31:29 PM »
Be careful what you ask for, you may get it.

There are numerous settings for that. Perhaps you could
clarify what type of scan you want to set this option for:
real-time file system scan, web scan. on-demand scan,
email scan, etc. Potentially unwanted files, suspicious
files, malware files? It's hard to believe that you
haven't been able to find those settings.

Be aware that if a false positive of a critical file
is raised, you will lose that file even though it was
not infected and legit.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast 5.0.462 Virus Chest
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 12:27:32 AM »
How do I tell Avast to delete anything it finds instead of saving it to the damn chest?   I hate programs that don't give me a choice.   The old Avast had that choice.   This is so AVG like.

Deletion isn't really a good first option (you have none left), 'first do no harm' don't delete, send virus to the chest and investigate.

Then why don't you change the default settings, avast is still one of the most customisable anti-virus applications, 'so unlike AVG'

From the avastUI (left click the avast icon), Real-time Shields, File System Shield, 'Expert Settings' and set whatever auto actions you like. These options are in most of the Shields but not those where a multiple choice isn't appropriate.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security