Author Topic: help! can not find my hard copy...  (Read 7096 times)

YoKenny

Re: help! can not find my hard copy...
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 02:44:08 PM »
@ jrehner

Go to PROFILE then Modify Profile then Forum Profile Information  then update your Signature: with information like my signature as this helps the helpers offer pertinent advice.

In Account Related Settings select Hide email address from public? to prevent scammers and spammers harvesting your Gmail.com email address.

I'm older than both of you.  ;)

jrehner

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 03:11:33 PM »
Well I made the suggested changes but my signature is the same as my user name----OH and I saw where DavidR also gave a link to a poster to go from 4.8 pro license to 5---everybody got sent the info except me---I had to wait 3 days until Tech emailed an attachment with the new license key..

OK ur older but I think Zynd needs new glasses and I don't think CharleyO can read at all based upon his info in my own post neither of which provided that nice link for the license which apparently is not readily available in the License Center

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 03:21:31 PM »
Zynd's eyes are perfectly alright.

I checked your topic again: at the point I entered the discussion, you had stated that you had installed 4.8 again and wanted a new key for 4.8 - not a conversion for 5 since version 5 would not run on your system.
The link only converts, it does not resend 4.8 keys.
Consequently I advised you to contact the sales-dep at avast in order to get a new key.

I feel like I did most of it right.  ::)
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

YoKenny

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 03:22:42 PM »
If DavidR avast! Überevangelist can put his system information in his signature then it is good enough for me as well.

The licence issue will be resolved.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 03:25:08 PM »
What issue?
Did I miss something?  8)
Free MBAM Clear

jrehner

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 05:16:42 PM »
Zynd--well then u learned something new if u read my conclusion because one Cannot download the 4.8 Pro trial version and get a resend license for it---on the paid versions, at least, one can only get new license for Avast 5 Pro---so knowing that, the next time someone says they can't get their old 4.8 pro license to work on the new download of the same version--give them the LINK... Tech Support knew I had 4.8 pro but told me I needed to download 5 Pro as the new license they attached would not work with 4.8..

What I don't understand is why the website still allows a free 4.8 pro trial unless tech support was just being nice and decided to upgrade me to Avast 5 Pro for free---

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 08:22:50 PM »
You can download a 4.8 trial on the avast website?
That is indeed weird.

I did not know that tech support can not resubmit a 4.8 key - if I had known that, I would have advised what you said.

However: it's over, when it's over. All things end well.
 ::)
Free MBAM Clear