Author Topic: Cant run system restore  (Read 11458 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Cant run system restore
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2010, 03:01:20 AM »
miscreant, as far I know, NO.
The setup (repair, change, uninstall, install) does NOT depend on self defense module.
But, if I'm wrong, for instance, by your experience, hope that someone corrects me.
The best things in life are free.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 06:45:44 PM »
miscreant, as far I know, NO.
The setup (repair, change, uninstall, install) does NOT depend on self defense module.
But, if I'm wrong, for instance, by your experience, hope that someone corrects me.

I don't really know... I've had avast ask me if I really wanted to remove it on an Uninstall from Add / Remove programs, so I figured that was part of the self-defense module.  Or is that just part of the uninstall process?
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 11:02:19 PM »
I don't really know... I've had avast ask me if I really wanted to remove it on an Uninstall from Add / Remove programs, so I figured that was part of the self-defense module.  Or is that just part of the uninstall process?
Oh... It's a question, but it's in all software asking the uninstallation, isn't it?
I'm not sure, it will be related to self defense if a black screen is the background of that question (dialog).
The best things in life are free.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 04:53:17 PM »
I think it shows a black screen on Vista / 7, but it doesn't on XP if I remember correctly.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum