Author Topic: AVAST 5.0 INTERNET SECURITY SUITE  (Read 2568 times)

wolfpack1825

AVAST 5.0 INTERNET SECURITY SUITE
« on: March 30, 2010, 01:58:19 AM »
Hi,

I am new to the forums but have been running AVAST both paid and free for many many years.

I just upgraded to AVAST Security Suite and ran into some problems on Windows 7. I created a ticket(HOR-792781) on the 25th of March but no one responded to me yet. So I thought I would try the forums.

I installed the security suite without a hitch, after I rebooted it would not let me connect to the internet. I would get unidentified network. I tried a repair of the network adapter but when I did that it would show up with yellow triangle(problem with network). I went to a command prompt and saw that I was not getting an IP just 169.x.x.x. I figured this was an issue with the firewall that comes with AVAST 5.0 ISS, so I stopped it(no effect). I checked the firewall rules and my router entries and loopback were both present.

I tried disabling the adapter and then re-enabling it, but I still was not able to get an IP from the router. So I un-installed it, put AVAST 5.0 free back on and now I am typing this message.

I am not sure who else is running the full suite but any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried a search through the forums first but my search did not show any relevance for my issue.

Just a final thought - It would be real nice if you could separate in the forum the free from the paid or at least have each product listed separately.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: AVAST 5.0 INTERNET SECURITY SUITE
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 02:56:19 AM »
Which was your previous firewall? Just Windows one?
Any other security program that could interfere?

Just a final thought - It would be real nice if you could separate in the forum the free from the paid or at least have each product listed separately.
This would be hard to follow... imho. We, users like you, give help for users, free or paid.
The best things in life are free.

Metallo

Avast stop services and insecure the system
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 10:51:15 AM »
Hi,

same as many other users in this thread, I'm on XP PRO SP3 and my firewall is Comodo, I checked the log and cannot see any unpXXXXXXX.mdmp files.

It occurs at least once a week since I installed Avast 5 but previously I was able to fix the problem by clicking on the "fix" button, this time nothing happens if I do so, I tried to reboot, but no change.

What else can I do?

Thanks for your advice.

Alex

Metallo

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 10:54:21 AM »
Oops.... just realized I posted in the wrong thread, I do apologize, I will post in the appropriate one.

Regards
Alex

wolfpack1825

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 03:06:37 PM »
Thanks for your reply. I used to run IOLO Security Shield 4, but that was before I upgraded to Windows 7 ultimate. I ran IOLO on Vista ultimate before the upgrade.

Sorry I did not mean for you to not to keep supporting the free users. Of course they are the community and should be treated equally. I just meant, have a separate section for Avast free 5.0 and Internet Security. Any one can post but it is much easier to follow a thread when everyone is posting in the right sub category.