Author Topic: Unlocker-Is this a trusted program?  (Read 30346 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Unlocker-Is this a trusted program?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 05:30:49 PM »
you may a user who love to post a lot of posts"you can merge your two replies in one post"

thanx 4 the advice! can i also merge them afterwards?
also thanx 4 the link, will look at it. :)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 05:43:28 PM »
you may a user who love to post a lot of posts"you can merge your two replies in one post"
unlocker better and here you can see:"technical comparison"
http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/
down to the comparison chart ;)

Hi :)

IE8 blocks this page. How do I handle this problem?

Anyway Mozzila doesnt block the same page.

http://www.UnmaskParasites.com/security-report/?page=ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

Thx and have a nice day. :)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 05:48:37 PM »
do u mean it's not a good idea 2 visit that page ???
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Jahn

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 05:55:29 PM »
I have been using Unlocker for some considerable time, so I guess my version is older and as such not ad supported, so I would say get an earlier version at say filehippo.com or oldversion.com, etc. I don't use it very often and certainly haven't seen any ads.
No, you won't see ads per se, even in newer versions. It is ad-supported in that the vendor receives compensation for including third party components in the installer (can be unselected). Softpedia's explanation of their classification is HERE. The unlocker executable only receives one heuristic detection at VirusTotal.

Jahn

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2010, 05:57:27 PM »

Go to More information and select Disregard and continue. The page is safe.

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2010, 06:02:41 PM »

Go to More information and select Disregard and continue. The page is safe.

How do I report this problem to Microsoft?

Jahn

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2010, 06:11:53 PM »
Click the red Unsafe Website button in IE tool bar for options.

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2010, 06:24:27 PM »
Click the red Unsafe Website button in IE tool bar for options.

Thx ;)

Jahn

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2010, 06:29:29 PM »
You're welcome. :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2010, 06:38:36 PM »
I have been using Unlocker for some considerable time, so I guess my version is older and as such not ad supported, so I would say get an earlier version at say filehippo.com or oldversion.com, etc. I don't use it very often and certainly haven't seen any ads.

good 4 u! :) still i wouldn't use a sw with the slightest tendency in that direction.
could never fully trust it. :(
asyn

Slightest tendency in what direction, from my interpretation of your posts you have little understanding of what Unlocker is, much less how it works.

There really is nothing suspect about it, many applications do deals with other companies, the most common are those giving the ASK toolbar and others. Unlocker in this case has the option for eBay shortcuts, which you can uncheck when you install it (as I have just done with the latest version). I also don't allow check for updates, very little gets to check for or auto update on my system, one notable exception being avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2010, 06:53:38 PM »
Slightest tendency in what direction, from my interpretation of your posts you have little understanding of what Unlocker is, much less how it works.

in the anti-privacy direction. sry, ur interpretation isn't quite correct. ;)
nevertheless, i know u r a person of high knowledge and always try 2 help others.
there4 my highest respect! i had never in mind to annoy u...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2010, 08:14:55 PM »
There is nothing about privacy mentioned anywhere in this topic or any of the associated links, so basically it is the ebay shortcuts which may be considered ad supported (read the Softpedia link about such software) and that part of the program is as I have said user opt-out, so nothing other than the very handy tool.

Your system your choice, but there is nothing sinister about this software.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

bong2x

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2010, 10:55:34 PM »
so it is the eBay not unlocker? thanks coz im using unlocker to unlock some device to immediate stop

but i have installed eBay in my system

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2010, 12:32:53 AM »
Then if you don't want the ebay shortcut bit you could uninstall it, reboot and install Unlocker again, but this time uncheck the ebay option as in my image.

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2010, 01:16:41 AM »

good 4 u! :) still i wouldn't use a sw with the slightest tendency in that direction.
could never fully trust it. :(
asyn

There really is nothing suspect about it, many applications do deals with other companies, the most common are those giving the ASK toolbar and others. Unlocker in this case has the option for eBay shortcuts, which you can uncheck when you install it (as I have just done with the latest version). I also don't allow check for updates, very little gets to check for or auto update on my system, one notable exception being avast.

Why isnt good that you have marked check for updates?