Author Topic: Re-Install Avast Pro 5 ( can not access license file )  (Read 4566 times)

esqlagoon

Re-Install Avast Pro 5 ( can not access license file )
« on: March 30, 2010, 11:28:43 PM »
Hi Guy's,   I have recently had to reformat my drive and install win7 pro 64 bit.   I have installed the trial version of avast pro 5.0.462 hoping
that with my purchased license key I could just re-insert this into the program and off I go.   Well that seems to be not the case as the trial version is now asking me to insert not a license key but a license file.   I have sent in requests to have my license file re-sent to me using the only two e-mail address I have, but avast tells me there is no purchase under those e-mail address.  Can a moderator point me in the right direction so I can prove that I did purchase the software for a 2 year period.   I have receipts stating the purchase was Thursday Dec 31 2009 with my license key ( which means nothing at this point ).   I would appreciate any help in resolving this issue.       

angieh1

Re: Re-Install Avast Pro 5 ( can not access license file )
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 11:46:14 PM »
I had some problem today. I had Avast 4.7, so I update to Avast 5.0. When I tried to re-install my license number, I cannot do it because it asked a file. I tried to look my old purchase email and found contact information. But no luck. However, when I can back to "Subscription", I found something other than re-install license file. It was something call "run license" or what???? (I don't really remember it). I clicked on it and it did re-install my license information. Maybe you can try it.

zfactor

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 01:18:05 AM »
you can contact sales and they will send you a file in place of your older key. you then just download it and use it to activate with that

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 07:22:04 AM »
www.avast.com/resend-license.php

You need your 4.8 reg-key and the email that u used for registration.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear