Author Topic: should i delete these files from my virus chest??  (Read 3501 times)

nightingaleron

should i delete these files from my virus chest??
« on: March 30, 2010, 10:32:35 AM »
 ???
I think my chest is full as theres heaps there dating back to 2004. I right clicked on some of them and chose scan and it said no virus so i clicked restore and it said that a file allready exists dom you want to overwrite it and i said yes but this didnt remove it from the chest so should i be saying delete it altogether .??
I have allways been sending infected files to the chest but just read a post that advised that this is not the best to do but to try cleaning it or deleting first. I must have sent dozens to the chest when i was hit with the false positive problem and now i think my chest is full so i need to make some space in case i need it. The setting on the chest was set at about 250MB so i increased that to 800MB. The other box which said maximum size of file to be sent is saying 16384 KB.Any help on this.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: should i delete these files from my virus chest??
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 11:08:02 AM »
If the computer is running fine, delete everything older than 30 days

Clean, Quarantine, or Delete?
http://antivirus.about.com/b/2007/03/11/clean-quarantine-or-delete.htm
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 11:11:35 AM by Pondus »

nightingaleron

Re: should i delete these files from my virus chest??
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 02:18:51 PM »
 ;D
great answer i just deleted all of them. all of them were well over 30 days.
Crazy thing was there was no current listings even though it said this morning that it found a corrupted file.