Author Topic: Update problem  (Read 18462 times)

Sparxx

Re: Update problem
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 08:39:40 PM »
lol , for sure i'm not shouting at you , i'm just telling that if you want help you need to cooperate , what you don't do .
For example : i asked you if you're using a standalone firewall and you said that you're using the default windows one and you don't use any other firewall , but in the end you're writing that you're using  and ashampoo and zone alarm , what's that then ??  and there are another things but let's pass over that..

You're telling that it cannot update  with all firewalls unninstalled , then do this , but do it step by step please , an please , don't install any firewall , or if you have one and keep it disabled unninstall it , you can keep only windows firewall enabled:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro.
7. Check if it's updating and post the results.

If all is working great you can install the firewall you like the most .

Why do I need to UNINSTALL my firewalls, and why not enough to DISABLE them? I can't understand, if I shut down all of them, my system looks like that I haven't installed any firewalls  or not?
- It's because there are firewall's services that are still running .

As about your Exploit problem , avast blocked it, it didn't get to your system .
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:09:19 AM by Sparxx »

Sartigan

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2010, 02:38:40 PM »
lol , for sure i'm not shouting at you , i'm just telling that if you want help you need to cooperate , what you don't do .
For example : i asked you if you're using a standalone firewall and you said that you're using the default windows one and you don't use any other firewall , but in the end you're writing that you're using  and ashampoo and zone alarm , what's that then ??  and there are another things but let's pass over that..

You're telling that it cannot update  with all firewalls unninstalled , then do this , but do it step by step please , an please , don't install any firewall , or if you have one and keep it disabled unninstall it , you can keep only windows firewall enabled:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro.
7. Check if it's updating and post the results.

If all is working great you can install the firewall you like the most .

Why do I need to UNINSTALL my firewalls, and why not enough to DISABLE them? I can't understand, if I shut down all of them, my system looks like that I haven't installed any firewalls  or not?
- It's because there are firewall's services that are still running .

As about your Exploit problem , avast blocked it, it didn't get to your system .
OK, avast! blocked that one, but it always trying to get in, so with no protection, nothing blocks it, so it can freely get in on that port, plus I can't download WWDC to close that port :S
But I don't know why is the update more complicated than the 4.8's update. Before installing that, ashampoo! was already on my computer :S

BUT!!! (Please listen to me)
Before uninstalling avast! and my firewalls, can I disable my internet? (The modem is right to me) I hadn't got any problems with disabled internet connection while installing avast!

I WILL do it if it's OK (and for sure, you say OK too)

Sparxx

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010, 06:28:49 PM »
Yep  ;) , you can disable your internet connection for sure , it's not needed when installing , just be sure that you download all you need before disabling :
 avast! Uninstall Utility ;
 avast! multilanguage setup ;
 Online Armor .

plus I can't download WWDC to close that port
You can download it HERE

Don't forget to unninstall like i said in the previous post  ;) , and after each install reboot .
By the way , install first the antivirus, and verify if it updates  , if all is ok install the firewall  .
 :)
Cheers .
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 08:31:51 PM by Sparxx »

Sartigan

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 02:36:38 PM »
Yep  ;) , you can disable your internet connection for sure , it's not needed when installing , just be sure that you download all you need before disabling :
 avast! Uninstall Utility ;
 avast! multilanguage setup ;
 Online Armor .

plus I can't download WWDC to close that port
You can download it HERE

Don't forget to unninstall like i said in the previous post  ;) , and after each install reboot .
By the way , install first the antivirus, and verify if it updates  , if all is ok install the firewall  .
 :)
Cheers .
Hi, I have one questions before doing it, what do you mean on 'boot'? Reboot?
This is the only problem, Polonus gave me the WWDC, thank you, I have closed THREE Worm Ports
OK, I have above 5 GB Downloaded data, I will clean it, but I have avast!, Online Armor, and the uninstall utility :)

Sparxx

« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 02:48:21 PM »
yes, it's the same :)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 04:33:34 PM by Sparxx »

Sartigan

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2010, 01:30:47 PM »
yes, it's the same :)
OK thank you, now I try to update with these ports closed (I think it will NOT work)
And if not works, I reinstall

Not works, reinstall :D

Sparxx

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2010, 04:01:58 PM »
Try to do all step by step , without hurry , it's better to do once slowly than many times without effect :)

Post the results here :)

Sartigan

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2010, 07:56:23 PM »
heh... I have uninstalled Ashampoo! and ZoneAlarm, turned on the internet, run an avast! Update, and: WORKS
See the picture.
BUT: the second picture is interesting because I have closed all the worm ports this packet is coming on TCP Port 445 :'(

Sparxx

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2010, 10:42:29 PM »
LOL , it's all about firewalls , like i was saying all that time :) .
BUT: the second picture is interesting because I have closed all the worm ports this packet is coming on TCP Port 445 Cry
This is a list from Network Monitoring of Online Armor ? I don't see anything strange here , it seems that a a connection was dropped because of rules interdicitons , but that is the way a firewall works .
Anyway , if Avast updates and is working like it should there is no need to dig deeper, because there will allways be moments like this.

Sartigan

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2010, 09:53:05 AM »
LOL , it's all about firewalls , like i was saying all that time :) .
BUT: the second picture is interesting because I have closed all the worm ports this packet is coming on TCP Port 445 Cry
This is a list from Network Monitoring of Online Armor ? I don't see anything strange here , it seems that a a connection was dropped because of rules interdicitons , but that is the way a firewall works .
Anyway , if Avast updates and is working like it should there is no need to dig deeper, because there will allways be moments like this.

I'm speaking about that I have closed all the worm doors including the 445 RPC locator, but this is coming on this.
And yes it's the Online Armor's network monitoring.

The best that avast! Updates and works, but can you help me in this topic?:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=58067.msg491509#new

ArminPasalic!

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2010, 09:59:51 AM »
Un-Install, Clean Registry with a CCleaner(Cookie remover and Registry Cleaner FREE!) then install again and try.

Sartigan

« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2010, 02:23:24 PM »
Un-Install, Clean Registry with a CCleaner(Cookie remover and Registry Cleaner FREE!) then install again and try.
???
What I need to uninstall?