Author Topic: What do you think?  (Read 3686 times)

Offline Left123

• There Is No Patch For Human Stupidity.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • Proud Community Member&Helper.
What do you think?
« on: February 06, 2011, 06:23:25 PM »
I have some suggestions to install Gamebooster(IObit product) to increase pc performance while playing games and you know,i am facing some problems while playing games,pc freeze or blue screen of death.It's an iobit product that's why i am so cautious,shall i give it a try or it will damage my computer?
AMD Athlon(tm) X2 Dual-Core Processor 4200+ - 2.20 GHz,3,00 GB RAM -
Browser:Mozilla Firefox +WOT - SoftWare:CCleaner - Windows 7 32 bit
No Anti-Virus

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 06:37:36 PM »
Wouldn't bother with game booster, your speed problem is probably related to only having 1 gig of ram, it's very cheap to add extra ram nowday's, an extra 2 gig would do wonder's if your system will take it ? if not you should at least be able to add an extra 1 gig, and have a look at what you have running at startup to see if there is anything not needed as everything that is running is consuming memory.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 08:13:31 PM »
Added to that I'm sure you know the feelings of many about the ethical/moral standards of Iobit. With so many free products about without any doubt about the companies ethics, I wouldn't be going there for any product.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 10:19:50 PM »
I have some suggestions to install Gamebooster(IObit product) to increase pc performance while playing games and you know,i am facing some problems while playing games,pc freeze or blue screen of death.It's an iobit product that's why i am so cautious,shall i give it a try or it will damage my computer?

I use IoBit Game Booster 2.2 and I didn,t see any problems with them.

Lep pozdrav :)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 05:30:45 AM »

I use IoBit Game Booster 2.2 and I didn,t see any problems with them.

Lep pozdrav :)
Its a ethical/moral issue with iobit because there thieve's and if you believe in ethic's and moral's then you dont use there product's.

YoKenny

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 01:34:36 PM »
Its a ethical/moral issue with iobit because there thieve's and if you believe in ethic's and moral's then you dont use there product's.
No IOBit software for me:
http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=33217