Author Topic: Avast 5.0.462 blocking internet connection  (Read 46765 times)

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Avast 5.0.462 blocking internet connection
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2010, 03:27:53 AM »
He says he removed 1.7 GB (he actual said  1,7 GO)

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=57853.msg488676#msg488676

Thats a big clean out, for me would usual mean a big tidy up ahead
system would need updating, some resets maybe, as well as usual like defrag, etc...
Start menu probably needs a bit of a clean out too, stop some programs running at boot

I think maybe had picked something in the running somewhere and maybe still something there

These two entries seemed suspect - something amiss - but I don't have time to look up
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll

Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2010, 09:41:41 AM »
shdocvw.dll:
Microsoft Shell Doc Object and Control Library
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2010, 10:23:27 AM »
yes other installs such as Real and Spybot will make use of shdocvw.dll: - from what I gather

Perhaps one of the guys will comment on the HjT log
- generally the old hats will leave well alone if they feel all that can be done is being done - and so far, no intervention

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

Mika_fra

« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2010, 05:51:52 PM »
Hello,

After a week of testing: when the printer is disconnected, internet connection is working most of the time. So indeed the problem seems to come from the printer and unfortunately he is going to live with it because it was to difficult to configurate the printer as he wanted in the first place.

Thanks again to everybody for your help.

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2010, 07:31:46 PM »
Thanks for the feedback!
What is the printer type, model and number?
Free MBAM Clear

Mika_fra

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2010, 03:51:35 PM »
Hi mika_fra

there is a workaround which has proven successful with HP printers and scanners. The actual symptoms were high CPU usage, where one of the svchosts was taking all the CPU. The issue itself, which was meant to have been fixed by Microsoft, was related to Windows Update service. The information concerning the issue can be found on the following page -

http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_fix_this_high_cpu_usage_svchost_virus_or_whatever_it_is.html

halfway down the page under the heading Another Temporary Solution
the link you want is  http://wuauclt.info/  and you choose  Reset, Repair and Reinstall Scripts
which brings you to this page  http://wuauclt.info/scripts.asp   - which is the one you want

I think this routine of three steps proved successful with HP printers and scanners mainly because it flushes out 'software distribution' as part of reset, repair and reinstall of Automatic Updates service (you can read the script yourself).

I have used this workaround myself when a troublesome printer prevented me from accessing the internet, or at least, only enabled intermittent internet access like you say you have. So I have used the solution and it has worked for me. I still use the computer at times, and I haven't had a problem with it since.

but read the page carefully,
especially the part at the bottom under the heading Common Mistake - Not Changing the File Type in Notepad

The main thing, because this is a common routine, it cannot harm yr computer. But if you proceed, ensure anyway to backup first or at least enable yr computer to be restored to the time previous to running the 3 step routine. also, you can have a look and question and answer here before making a move. But it has worked for me, and there does not appear any alternative workaround to solve yr problem.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 04:26:19 PM by mkis »

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2010, 04:14:54 PM »
Hey Mika_fra,

You could easily remotely access his PC using tools such as: http://teamviewer.com/index.aspx?split=A

Just download the program and start the free version, have him do the same.

Just call him up and get the number that is displayed on his teamviewer client and the password.  Type it into your teamviewer program and voila, instant access.

Oh, and HP printers are a pain in the butt.  ;D
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

EN_AMRR

« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2010, 10:03:06 PM »
my brother
sysan
i have some problem concet avst internet to interne

try  open avst program
2- select firwawll
3- setting
4- police
4-select tru to internet counction shared mode and list box select allow

if countinuos problem   do in same steps   and select network   and clice no outmatic profile

my   syb if continus problem
select prprities  networks and click no firwall avast

amr

Mika_fra

« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2010, 05:32:34 PM »
Hey Mika_fra,

You could easily remotely access his PC using tools such as: http://teamviewer.com/index.aspx?split=A

Just download the program and start the free version, have him do the same.

Just call him up and get the number that is displayed on his teamviewer client and the password.  Type it into your teamviewer program and voila, instant access.

Oh, and HP printers are a pain in the butt.  ;D

Thanks so much. It is very helpful. 

I am gonna try all the other solutions next week and keep you informed. Have a nice Sunday

Mika_fra

« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2010, 12:37:13 AM »
Hi mika_fra

there is a workaround which has proven successful with HP printers and scanners. The actual symptoms were high CPU usage, where one of the svchosts was taking all the CPU. The issue itself, which was meant to have been fixed by Microsoft, was related to Windows Update service. The information concerning the issue can be found on the following page -

http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_fix_this_high_cpu_usage_svchost_virus_or_whatever_it_is.html

halfway down the page under the heading Another Temporary Solution
the link you want is  http://wuauclt.info/  and you choose  Reset, Repair and Reinstall Scripts
which brings you to this page  http://wuauclt.info/scripts.asp   - which is the one you want

I think this routine of three steps proved successful with HP printers and scanners mainly because it flushes out 'software distribution' as part of reset, repair and reinstall of Automatic Updates service (you can read the script yourself).

I have used this workaround myself when a troublesome printer prevented me from accessing the internet, or at least, only enabled intermittent internet access like you say you have. So I have used the solution and it has worked for me. I still use the computer at times, and I haven't had a problem with it since.

but read the page carefully,
especially the part at the bottom under the heading Common Mistake - Not Changing the File Type in Notepad

The main thing, because this is a common routine, it cannot harm yr computer. But if you proceed, ensure anyway to backup first or at least enable yr computer to be restored to the time previous to running the 3 step routine. also, you can have a look and question and answer here before making a move. But it has worked for me, and there does not appear any alternative workaround to solve yr problem.

Hello,

I tried that and it did not work. I think now is time to really give up. Thanks again for your help everybody

homi

« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2011, 03:40:51 PM »
hi zyndstoff, or anybody else

have avast 6.00, webschield blocks internet access
win 7 32 bit+SP1
have already deinstall avast with the avast uninstall tool and install is again
problem stayed :-[

here is my log file

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 3:27:30 AM, on 4/19/2011
Platform: Windows 7 SP1 (WinNT 6.00.3505)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7601.17514)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\System32\smss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\services.exe
C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\WLANExt.exe
C:\Windows\system32\conhost.exe
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastSvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe
C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageMonitor.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Searchqu Toolbar\Datamngr\datamngrUI.exe
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\CDP\afcdpsrv.exe
C:\Program Files\TuneUp Utilities 2011\TuneUpUtilitiesService32.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CCC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSVC.EXE
C:\XDOCK\XWD.exe
C:\Program Files\TuneUp Utilities 2011\TuneUpUtilitiesApp32.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Bandoo\Bandoo.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDSvcM.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IEMonitor.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Bandoo\BndCore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10h_ActiveX.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Contacts\wlcomm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\VS Revo Group\Revo Uninstaller Pro\RevoUninPro.exe
C:\Program Files\VS Revo Group\Revo Uninstaller Pro\RevoAppBar.exe
C:\Users\Homi\Desktop\HijackThis.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://google.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O2 - BHO: IDM Helper - {0055C089-8582-441B-A0BF-17B458C2A3A8} - C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IDMIECC.dll
O2 - BHO: avast! WebRep - {8E5E2654-AD2D-48bf-AC2D-D17F00898D06} - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswWebRepIE.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Searchqu Toolbar - {99079a25-328f-4bd4-be04-00955acaa0a7} - C:\PROGRA~1\WIA6EB~1\ToolBar\searchqudtx.dll
O2 - BHO: UrlHelper Class - {A40DC6C5-79D0-4ca8-A185-8FF989AF1115} - C:\PROGRA~1\WIA6EB~1\Datamngr\IEBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: SkypeIEPluginBHO - {AE805869-2E5C-4ED4-8F7B-F1F7851A4497} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: Bandoo IE Plugin - {EB5CEE80-030A-4ED8-8E20-454E9C68380F} - C:\Program Files\Bandoo\Plugins\IE\ieplugin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: avast! WebRep - {8E5E2654-AD2D-48bf-AC2D-D17F00898D06} - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\aswWebRepIE.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Searchqu Toolbar - {99079a25-328f-4bd4-be04-00955acaa0a7} - C:\PROGRA~1\WIA6EB~1\ToolBar\searchqudtx.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartCCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TrueImageMonitor.exe] "C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Acronis Scheduler2 Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedhlp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DATAMNGR] C:\PROGRA~1\WIA6EB~1\Datamngr\DATAMN~1.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast] "C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\avastUI.exe" /nogui
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [IDMan] C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IDMan.exe /onboot
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Startup: XWindows Dock.lnk = C:\XDOCK\XWD.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download all links with IDM - C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IEGetAll.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download with IDM - C:\Program Files\Internet Download Manager\IEExt.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Skype Plug-In - {898EA8C8-E7FF-479B-8935-AEC46303B9E5} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Skype Plug-In - {898EA8C8-E7FF-479B-8935-AEC46303B9E5} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
O18 - Protocol: skype-ie-addon-data - {91774881-D725-4E58-B298-07617B9B86A8} - C:\Program Files\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: c:\progra~1\wia6eb~1\datamngr\datamngr.dll c:\progra~1\wia6eb~1\datamngr\iebho.dll c:\progra~1\bandoo\bndhook.dll
O23 - Service: Acronis Scheduler2 Service (AcrSch2Svc) - Acronis - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\Schedule2\schedul2.exe
O23 - Service: Acronis Nonstop Backup service (afcdpsrv) - Acronis - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\CDP\afcdpsrv.exe
O23 - Service: Ati External Event Utility - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - AVAST Software - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Firewall - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\afwServ.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Bandoo Coordinator - Bandoo Media Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\Bandoo\Bandoo.exe
O23 - Service: TuneUp Utilities Service (TuneUp.UtilitiesSvc) - TuneUp Software - C:\Program Files\TuneUp Utilities 2011\TuneUpUtilitiesService32.exe

--
End of file - 8050 bytes

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2011, 07:14:56 PM »
Set as screenshot, reboot and try again.
Free MBAM Clear

StaffyOwner

« Reply #88 on: May 23, 2011, 08:25:24 AM »
Hi Mods/Admin/Avast dudes,

My Name is Rob and I'm running 'Windows 7 Ultimate' was 'FireFox' + 'Chrome', a day or 2 ago I downloaded something called Ilivid player, I scanned the download with Avast, plus googled the website an player name to check it was safe. My Avast is upto date, its set to Auto update virus defs and program, but still somehow I got something(malware?) called 'Searchqu' a 'rootkit bundle', think they(WhattheTech) said it comes with something called 'bandoo'?.
Straight after the ilivid player downloaded I noticed a unwanted/unaccepted 'free smileys' logo had appeared on my desktop and I knew it wasn't a good sign, then I clicked either Chrome or Firefox and my home page had changed to 'Searchqu' same for both browsers, straight away I new it was a virus so I got to google, google'd it and researched enough to remove it with 'ComboFix'. Also for safety I uninstalled 'FireFox' and 'Chrome' what had both been affected, and installed IE9 and Opera(which are much faster, didn't know:-)).
Anyway I was wondering how come my Avast 'Free' didn't stop it or find it in the scan? So I came here to see what Avast said about this 'Searchqu malware' that I jst got, then when I searched it here, this was the only thread that came up, and it('Searchqu') was highlighted in the guys(Homi's) post above in his log file:o, so sh*t he's been infected by it too then, its meant to be real nasty.
Yeah maybe you should email the guy if he doesn't come back to this thread? Think he's pretty lucky this worked out like this if he doesn't know hes got it, lol? Crazy hu, he only posted a few days ago too.

Anyway have you guys heard of this 'Searchqu' virus/malware(not sure of the difference?) and would your Avast Pro stopped and sorted this 'Searchqu'? Wondering whether to now upgrade Avast or get Malwarebytes or something? Whats our advice?

Edit, A little more info, my system 32 bit and Avast 6, also just looked at that guys log file and he's got 'Bandoo' and someone told me to try to remove the program called 'DataManager' or DataMngr'? Could be the virus? I removed all of it though, all 'Searchqu' , 'Free Smileys thing' Ilivid player' all of it. All seems good now :-)

Thanks, hope all goes well, take care.

Rob.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 08:36:53 AM by StaffyOwner »