Author Topic: How Do I Access New 5.0 Avast Virus Ware  (Read 2637 times)

Billy Mac

How Do I Access New 5.0 Avast Virus Ware
« on: April 01, 2010, 01:45:10 PM »
Hello,

I had a new PC built and the manufacturer installed Avast virus ware on to it. I previously used Norton. After one year the virus software cover expired and I subscribed for a further 3-years at whatever cost in 2009.

I recently heard about the new Avast 5.0 software and was told that I would eventually get it through as an update. I was also informed that I could download it. I have a license key/code for the previous stuff which is paid up unti 2012. I have not been able to source/download the new updated version of the Avast Virus ware.

I have found their site difficult to navigate and unable to contact their support group via email.

Is there anyone out there who would be kind enough to advise or take me through the steps I need to do to get the ;latest version of the Avast 5.0. I currently have 4.8.

Very best wishes,

Billy Mc

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
Re: How Do I Access New 5.0 Avast Virus Ware
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 01:55:04 PM »
It is simple. Download from here: http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_av_pro.exe

Install right over Avast 4.8 Pro.

Should recognize your subscription. If not, have your 4.8 key ready and the email you registered with and go here: www.avast.com/resend-license.php
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Billy Mac

Re: How Do I Access New 5.0 Avast Virus Ware
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 07:57:02 PM »
Hello Zyndsoff,

Much appreciate your help. I will have a go.

Very best wishes,
Take great care,
As ever,
Billy Mc