Author Topic: Bug on scanning. Bar is 100% on starting scan?  (Read 33003 times)

Hermite15

Re: Bug on scanning. Bar is 100% on starting scan?
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2010, 10:05:48 PM »
confirming I now have the progression bar jumping immediately to 100% on explorer context menu scans ::) other types of scan seem spared so far ;D (that's on AIS)

got to edit that: quick scan has it too now ;D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 10:08:43 PM by Logos »

AvastFan2

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2010, 10:25:38 PM »
well sorry your the only 32 bit windows 7 user av seen here complaining about this problem cause i have it on my desktop vista 32 bit and it works fine and WHICH I DID 3 SCANS and when i did 2 scans on my windows 7 64bit laptop and the 3rd one completed now it has the same bug anyways i think it could be a problem with windows 7 can anyone confirm they are having this problem on vista or xp? thanks i might me a newbie here but i am graduate in computer science BSc thats why am being dominate here i might be able to help since i am graduate on the software side. Also i would like to point to out i have been using avast 4.8 for nearly 3 years so ye i have experience with avast software

thank you all

bong2x

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2010, 10:46:22 PM »
i did 2 scans on my windows 7 64bit laptop

:-X :-X 8)

Mele20

« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2010, 02:44:33 AM »
well sorry your the only 32 bit windows 7 user av seen here complaining about this problem cause i have it on my desktop vista 32 bit and it works fine and WHICH I DID 3 SCANS and when i did 2 scans on my windows 7 64bit laptop and the 3rd one completed now it has the same bug anyways i think it could be a problem with windows 7 can anyone confirm they are having this problem on vista or xp? thanks i might me a newbie here but i am graduate in computer science BSc thats why am being dominate here i might be able to help since i am graduate on the software side. Also i would like to point to out i have been using avast 4.8 for nearly 3 years so ye i have experience with avast software

thank you all

I guess you missed my earlier post in this thread. I have Vista Ultimate 32bit and the bar STARTS at 100%. Please don't assume that just because YOU don't have a problem with this on 32bit that others don't.  I didn't mention whether I had 32bit or 64, but generally when someone does NOT mention that it means they have STANDARD, which is currently 32bit, and they mention only when they have the newer, less used, 64bit especially if they have XP or Vista. (I also have a copy of Vista Ultimate 64bit but I have never used it).

avast fan

« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2010, 03:13:58 AM »

thank you all
So you are calling me a liar? i should know whats happening with my avast 5.0.462 on my windows 7 home premium 32 bit system, So please do not patronise me with your weak comments on how long you are an avast customer for i have been using avast much longer than you may think, And i suggest you read everyones posts here for further information about this bug before giving out FALSE statements saying that its just doing it on 64 bit systems because im afraid to tell you its not,back to the drawing board for you avast fan 2!!

And thanks Mele20 i agree with what you have said :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 03:21:24 AM by avast fan »

SafeSurf

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2010, 07:02:46 AM »
AvastFan2, I think you need to read the complete thread prior to posting.  Thank you to everyone for posting their problems.  The more details Avast knows about the problem, it will help.

Hopefully Avast will address this issue with their next update after their holiday break. 

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2010, 09:13:07 AM »
Boys, don't fight please.

Although some of us don't have the reported problem, it seems that by far the majority of users have it. So apparently there is a problem that needs to be addressed !

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

mrgigabyte

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2010, 11:52:58 AM »
there is a problem but its a little one that they can fix
i have it on a
xp 32 bit free
vista 32bit free
windows 7 32 bit free
windows 7 64 bit pro
the windows 7 64 bit and it has the paid version in it  seems to only jump to 40 or 50 percent i forget did a scan last Thursday

Hermite15

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2010, 12:02:31 PM »
funny, I didn't have this progression bar issue (on AIS) when this thread was posted - had it on another system with "free" - then I had it on AIS yesterday, and no more today...

miscreant

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2010, 12:24:43 PM »
I have AIS installed on windows 7 home premium 64 bit.I performed a full systemscan today on a 250gig laptop hard drive.Only about 30 gig is used.Anyway the bar stayed at zero for the first 21 gigs ,then jumped to 75%.The scan then finished at around thirty gig with the bar not moving any further.Using the quick scan it indeed jumps straight to 100%.Also quick scan shows scan speed of about 28mb/sec whereas complete system scan is starts at up to 300 and then gradually falls to 28mb/sec after approx 10 mins.Somethings very screwy.
m
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 12:32:10 PM by miscreant »

Offline -Genesis-

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2010, 01:11:39 PM »
Thank you guys for sharing your problem on this thread.

Im still having a glitch on progress bar. Still jumps to 100% on 5-10secs on all my 8 Computers. :'(

Im sure Alwil team is trying to fix this issues. :)
Windows 11 Pro / Windows Defender/
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB

avast fan

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2010, 04:39:17 PM »
You are welcome chubalz, I noticed this minor problem around the start of april so i thought id give it a few days then i thought its got to be a known issue on this forum, I dont visit here that often, Anyway low and behold when i visited here there was this thread so i thought id post whats happening with me just to confirm to others that it is a known problem,and to help alwil team.Avast fan 2 calling me a liar basically which is just crazy if you ask me, I would not post on here if i was not experiencing the same bug as you guys!!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 04:41:44 PM by avast fan »

Matt00011

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2010, 04:53:40 PM »
I have this bug too. It didn't occur when I first installed the software, could be down to a faulty update somewhere.

Using Windows XP SP3 32 bit. ;)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 04:57:04 PM by Matt00011 »

Offline -Genesis-

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2010, 05:44:50 PM »
Im pretty sure its on March 31 or April 1 (Asia Time) the bug started.

And obviously this was caused by the Virus Definitions Updates on that day.. until now updates still causing glitch on scanning.......
Windows 11 Pro / Windows Defender/
Ryzen 5 1600/ Aorus Gtx 1080Ti Xtreme/ Gskill Trident Z RGB 3000/ Samsung Evo 250GB/ Western Digital Black 1 TB

avast fan

« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2010, 06:24:56 PM »
Yeah and mines is now jumping to 23% then stays like that for the duration of a full system scan...