Author Topic: Win32:Parite  (Read 3703 times)

Andris

Win32:Parite
« on: July 07, 2004, 04:30:07 PM »
I have had a virus alert. Win32:Parite! What is this? Are there anybody who knows? Please help me!!!!!! Avast found it in ace mega codecs pack. I think it was not a virus. Help me!!!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:Win32:Parite
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 04:36:50 PM »
It definatly is a virus. The ace mega codec pack does not contain virusses, nor is anything in it detected as a virus. I think you have downloaded a altered version. And for info about a virus > www.google.com just type in the name of the virus and there is enough for you to read :D

whocares

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 04:41:38 PM »
Hi,

where did you download this ?

- What WIN do you have ? Are all ServicePacks and Windowsupdates applied ? Please CHECK !!

- Where exactly was the infected File found (full path/folder/filename, e.g. like c:\Windows\system32\virusfile.exe) ?
You'll get this info from the Alert/PopUp window or from avast's report/Log-files. If you can't start avast, look for the info in the logfiles in the avast (sub-)folders and
in the EventLog of Win XP / 2000: Controlpanel -> Administration -> Event-log

- test it with Onlinescanners from Trend & KAV (see below) to check, pause avast shield for this temporarily
if they don't detect anything in it, please send the file or the exact download link to
virus@avast.com

Parite-Info

Also, entering
PARITE
 into the SEARCH above will give you loads of further advice

also work through the "VirusRemoval" below, and read the USER's FAQ in Off-topic

;)

lee16

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 06:04:47 PM »
there is some info on it here, http://www.antivirusworld.com/articles/parite.php .
 If avast didn't remove it i suggest you send it to the virus chest then email it to Alwil software (avast) so avast scanner can remove it in the futur.