Author Topic: deleted files, messed up! please help  (Read 2454 times)

scottlauer

deleted files, messed up! please help
« on: July 07, 2004, 08:38:46 PM »
I have xp pro, Avast 4 pro anti virus detected virus and suggested imediate boot scan . I chose delete option. After scan, few programs will open, not even avast to undo, nor recycle bin undo. In safe mode I tried xp pro sytem restore to an earlier date, no luck? Programs cannot find program to open, I can get on internet thats about it? Any suggestion please. Thanks
Scott

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re:deleted files, messed up! please help
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 09:08:09 PM »
We need more information, what file was deleted, where was it located, etc. etc.

If you are unsure it is better to move it to the chest (rather than delete), were if you need to it can be put back.

Please Help us to Help you - User's FAQ - we need more information to be able to help fully. A visit to the - thread will give you a lot of useful advice and an idea of the information needed to Help you fully.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

whocares