Author Topic: "My computer" slow after installing AIS 5  (Read 3511 times)

dayoflayo

"My computer" slow after installing AIS 5
« on: April 05, 2010, 12:16:36 AM »
Hello,
I previously had Avast free 5 and had no problem but since i installed Avast internet security, when i use the window explorer to view "My Computer" I have a blank window and only after 6 sec it shows me my hard drives  ???

does someone has an idea ?

Thank you

edit : to be sure that it was avast, i reboot in safe mode, made a clean remove of avast with the avast cleaner file, and reboot in normal mode. Then "my computer" appeared immediately. Then made a new AIS installation, and it was the same problem again has above.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 01:30:11 AM by dayoflayo »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: "My computer" slow after installing AIS 5
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 08:54:34 PM »
Any other security program that could interfere?
It does take some time to scan (File Shield) but it shouldn't be an annoyance.
The best things in life are free.

Thowe

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 11:42:24 PM »
I also have a slow My Computer, but more of an annoyance is the slow down of Firefox. It takes about 30 seconds to load after updating my avast! to the most recent version. I think it's the File Shield as when Firefox is loading up, the File Shield seems to be scanning lots of Firefox files. I checked Task Manager as Firefox was loading and it showed the CPU for Firefox at about 50% and the memory slowly growing every second and then jump down to where it started then go slowly back up again. Any ideas Mr Tech?!

Thanks

Offline harman123

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 11:51:55 PM »
Try disk cleanup and defrag.

Thowe

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 03:54:06 PM »
Yeah, my bad, just seems my computer needed a bit of a cleanup. It's back to its normal self. Thanks.