Author Topic: IM INFECTED !!! HELP ME QUICKLY  (Read 7713 times)

stejen100

IM INFECTED !!! HELP ME QUICKLY
« on: June 27, 2003, 08:43:10 PM »
PLEASE HELP ME IM AN ABSOLUTE BEGINNER AT USING PC'S AND IM INFECTED WITH 3 VIRUSES I THINK,I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF THEM...................................... HHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re:IM INFECTED !!! HELP ME QUICKLY
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2003, 08:50:13 PM »
It would be helpfull if you can say with which virus you are infected, where it is located and what OS you use.
MfG Ralf

techie101

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 01:55:05 AM »
stejan,

More importantly,  which anti-virus program detected them?
Please give us the full name of the virus as it appears in the "alert".

DO NOT SEND ANY OF THE FORUM MEMBERS COPIES OF THE "VIRUS" UNLESS SPECIFICALLY REQUESTED TO DO SO!

If you are offered the option to IGNORE, DELETE OR MOVE TO CHEST ( Or Vault), THEN pick the "move".
We don't want you to delete a needed file that comes up as a "false positive".
A false positive is NOT a damaging virus, but a program that starts by itself, uncommanded by the user which might be completely harmless and normal.  The anti-virus program sees this, and questions "why".  Therefore you get the alert just to be sure.
I am keeping the explanation as simple as possible for you until you become more familiar with virus terms.  OK?

:-[

stejen100

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2003, 09:22:45 PM »
thanks techie 101 for getting back to me . well the info you want ,and i hope it helps. is this:
im using avast anti virus {the free one } and i use windows xp, i moved the files to the chest thinking they would be better in there than any where else . the virus came up as  C:\RECYCLER\S-1-5-21-1608279117-3025990876-3238835185-1004\Dc5.sig  New folder: C:\DOCUME~1\User\LOCALS~1\Temp\asw1D.tmp\7.sig
 win 95 matyas, there are two of them i think other stuff came up aswell, but the scanner said there is ''no virus'' so im asuming there ok but here is what was said:one was
kernal 32,dll
winsock32,dll
wsock32,dll,   they seem fine but it wont restore them properly.....errors etc......well i hpoe this helps you , help me if you need to contact me mail me on  stejen100@aol.com            
                               thanks again.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 09:25:54 PM by stejen100 »

jdong

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2003, 10:39:14 PM »
The two .sig files are harmless; do you or did you run Panda's scan at on point? Panda doesn't encrypt their signatures, so all AV's trip over them... :D

As with the 3 dll's, are you just looking in the chest? Avast likes to keep a copy of system files in the chest; ignore them.

And last but not least: I see no evidence you are infected. The two .sig's seem to be false-positives, and the 3 other files are auto-chested by Avast. All is normal and well... :D
« Last Edit: July 14, 2003, 10:40:03 PM by jdong »

stejen100

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2003, 11:27:26 PM »
thanks jdong for the info, but the plot thickens, ive just run a free cd from pc pro {dvd} and i tried to install some software called ace ftp pro 2 and low and behold a virus warning pops up telling me im infected with yet another virus called: win 32 trojen-gen {upx}. ive put the infected file in the virus chest and now i come running to you !!!! does this crap ever stop ?? give me 2 minutes with the mother who makes these things and we will all be able to sleep at night !!!!!{except him of course !!}                                                                                            what do i do now ??????????????????????

whocares

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2003, 12:08:32 AM »
Hi,
It'd help if you checked the spelling on the virus names and the supposedly infected files: please also list the complete path where the malware was found..

Did you do a full systemscan with uptodate avast ?

advice on a generic trojan detection is a bit difficult, you might try onlinescaners, e.g. by
www.Trendmicro.com
www.ravantivirus.com
www.bitdefender.com

to test for false alarms or get a more detailed virus description plus removal tips..

;)