Author Topic: Scan will not Shutdown after it has finished running???  (Read 3223 times)

AkANitsud

Scan will not Shutdown after it has finished running???
« on: April 05, 2010, 04:09:38 PM »
 For some reason Avast will not Shutdown after it finishes scanning. I have scheduled the program to run a Quick Scan at night and then it is setup to shutdown after the scan is finished but for some reason it is not shutting down??? Any Ideas on how to fix this???

Brian Morin

Re: Scan will not Shutdown after it has finished running???
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 04:26:33 PM »
I'm having the same issue. I have had this issue before and changed anti-virus due to this. I have returned to Avast, had success for a while, now it has stopped turning off my system. Are there any answers?

thanks
bri

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 05:07:24 PM »
Maybe (I'm not sure) it's not a forced shutdown and another application is blocking the machine to shutdown ???
The best things in life are free.

Brian Morin

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 04:02:33 PM »
Hi;

Yes I have had that situation also, where my wife, or I, leave a program running and it does not shut down the system. I wish it would have a forced shutdown, but that is another subject. What I am speaking about is when the system is clean and ready to shutdown and Avast is the only program running.

Are there any switches that can be added to the startup string that could cause forced shutdown, or some such thing (ie. add-on) ?

Thanks for your help...
Brian