Author Topic: problem with license  (Read 6971 times)

bainboy76

problem with license
« on: April 05, 2010, 07:23:21 PM »
I just downloaded the avast! Internet Security 5.0.  I received the license in my e-mail.  When I download it and try to open in, it won't install.  I emailed avast just wallago, but I was hoping someone on here could help me.  My pc has no protection right now, so I want to resolve this asap.

bainboy76

Re: problem with license
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 06:31:44 PM »
I have emailed avast 3 times and haven't got a single reply, anyone know what I can do, or am I out my $41?

wpn

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 07:16:41 PM »
where did you buy the license? 

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 07:58:35 PM »
I just downloaded the avast! Internet Security 5.0.  I received the license in my e-mail.  When I download it and try to open in, it won't install.  I emailed avast just wallago, but I was hoping someone on here could help me.  My pc has no protection right now, so I want to resolve this asap.

First this almost went unnoticed as you have posted it in the avast 4 server version forum not the avast! Free/Pro/Suite forum.

Did you receive an attachment with this email ?
If so you need to save that to your hard disk and using the avast UI, Maintenance, Registration section, Insert avast! .../... License flie, this brings up a window to navigate to where you saved the attachment on your hard disk.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

bainboy76

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 08:05:32 AM »
It says "Seller of product" Digital River GmbH
                                   Vogelsanger Str. 78
                                   50823 Cologne
                                   Germany

bainboy76

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 08:02:10 AM »
First this almost went unnoticed as you have posted it in the avast 4 server version forum not the avast! Free/Pro/Suite forum.

Did you receive an attachment with this email ?
If so you need to save that to your hard disk and using the avast UI, Maintenance, Registration section, Insert avast! .../... License flie, this brings up a window to navigate to where you saved the attachment on your hard disk.

Yes, I got the attachment in the email.  I tried it that way too, but it wouldn't work.  My friend took my computer home with him and he got it to work, but now he said the pc won't boot up.  It goes as far as showing the black screen with the "windows xp" sign, right before my desktop background pops up and then it restarts.  He said it does this over and over.  If he gets it straightened out, I might uninstall avast all together and cut my losses then find another anti-virus program.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 02:42:27 PM »
What was the file name of the attachment ?
I would suggest that you contact sales (at) avast (dot) com, with details about the date purchased, email address used and the problem of not being able to insert from the avastUI, Registration.

Have (or did) you another Anti-Virus installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?
As that can have an impact on the avast installation and also possibly cause conflict on boot.

If you can boot into safe mode that should allow you to uninstall avast removing any conflict and hopefully allow a normal boot into windows. to try and correct any conflict.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

bainboy76

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 03:20:08 PM »
That's how my friend got the new avast to work, he completely removed the avast from my computer and downloaded it again.  The license worked after he did that, but it wouldn't reboot.  The file name is called "license.avastlic".