Author Topic: Three techie questions.  (Read 3469 times)

Messa

Three techie questions.
« on: July 08, 2004, 12:08:15 AM »
In the 'scanner/outlook/inbound mail' section, if i try and set avast to move infected messages to a special folder I get a 'MAPI failure - cannot initialize MAPI' error, any ideas please? The folder is already created etc.

Also, is there a way automatically delete/isolate infected files without getting the confirmation 'do you wish to allow/delete/move' etc message? I have tried ticking/unticking all the options in the messages section.

Also is there a way to over-ride the 'pop3 has not responded' message and just have a default 'no' answer?

Thanks in advance.

Messa

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Three techie questions.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 01:05:22 AM »
Also, is there a way automatically delete/isolate infected files without getting the confirmation 'do you wish to allow/delete/move' etc message? I have tried ticking/unticking all the options in the messages section.

Only in Professional version.
Next update, Outlook plugin will be able to 'send infected files' to Chest automatically.
Nothing more.

Also is there a way to over-ride the 'pop3 has not responded' message and just have a default 'no' answer?

Set the timeout and, besides asking you, you will only able to 'disconnect'.
Maybe we have some setting in avast4.ini file to do this. But the programmers should say something  :-\
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 01:06:34 AM by Technical »
The best things in life are free.