Author Topic: I CANNON update or insert my license (5.0) Win. XP  (Read 3003 times)

Where Is-Customer-Service

I CANNON update or insert my license (5.0) Win. XP
« on: April 06, 2010, 05:39:47 AM »
After upgraded to 5.0 (from 4.8) and became a paying customer  I CANNON update or insert my license. I got the last screen windows that says "Your license file has been updated successfully" but the program still says "(Not yet activated)" :-[

I wrote -5 days ago- to Avast's but it looks like a hit the "Customer-No-Service-Department".  :-\

I installed, removed  and reinstalled the program several times the appl, ALREADY.

Any idea?

*Windows XP

BlueCobalt

Re: I CANNOT update or insert my license
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 03:58:51 PM »
I bought Avast! 5 Pro a month ago, registered it with the license file and was well pleased; 4.8 had been running slow.  The Maintenance panel showed the expiration date two years in the future, as it should.  But on April 4 (one month later...hmmm) my Avast! announced that it was not running and a little investigation revealed the license was not valid (error 00000002). Also there is a summary.txt file in the Setup folder stating the same thing.  Task Manager shows the AvastSetup.exe process starts briefly then goes away.
I emailed support@avast.com, no response yet.
I tried inserting the license file again with the same results. (00000002)
On this forum I found the /resend-lic.php which rapidly returned a license file, compatible with managed network distribution,that returns the same error.

Funny thing, the version in the Maintenance view states build 5.0.462, which supposedly addresses this issue.
Any suggestions on how to fix this? I would flippin' HATE to go back to AVG.
Dell laptop, Windows XP Pro SP3

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
Re: I CANNON update or insert my license (5.0) Win. XP
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 09:56:45 PM »
Contact sales@avast.com - and give them 2 - 3 days to respond.
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Spamlet