Author Topic: Is avast! Scan settings default good ?  (Read 8139 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Is avast! Scan settings default good ?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 03:57:03 PM »
avast doesn't delete automatically, Move to the chest is the first automated action, so it is recoverable. There are three levels of automated action and I don't even think that delete is on the three options. If it is I would think it is the last option, avast only moves to the next option if the first fails and so on down to the third auto action.

However, I don't recall the order of all the default actions, but Move to the chest is most certainly the first and safest action.

I have changed all my automated actions since there is no easy way to restore the default settings I can't say the order of the defaults. I am no supporter of automated actions I prefer to control any action on my system, but I most certainly support the decision to have the automated actions as the greatest majority of users either don't want or don't have enough knowledge to make a decision on the action to take.

To that end a high number of users delete as the first action and this is downright dangerous and we have seen this in the forums with monotonous regularity with avast 4.8 that always stopped the scan and asked the user for a decision.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security