Author Topic: BUG: Action chosen for File Shield reverts to default on boot/reboot  (Read 1615 times)

Mele20

Vista Ultimate (no service packs)
Microsoft VPC 2007 SP1
Host machine is XP Pro SP2

"Ask" chosen for Actions for virus, PUP, and Suspicious files reverts to Avast default settings on boot/reboot. Sometimes "Ask" remains the choice for virus but it always reverts to default for the other two categories and reverts randomly for virus.

No Action is false because it is NOT No Action. It should not be listed as it is very misleading and is not viable as the choice for Actions for these three categories. Ask has to be chosen if you want the option to IGNORE. Then to ignore, you don't touch anything in the report. You instead close via the x in the upper right of the report box and that is Ignore. Why Avast felt it necessary to make Ignore so convoluted in ver 5 is beyond my comprehension. But they did and thus Ask is the only viable setting to have now yet it keeps reverting to Avast default settings.  >:(

I don't know if this happens only on Vista with no service packs as that is the only OS I have had it installed on. I'm going to install it on an XP Pro virtual machine and see if forgets settings there also. Maybe it remembers on XP. I'll soon know.