Author Topic: Outpost IDblock blocked system password while uploading files to internet  (Read 2013 times)

samnetx

The ID Block feature (Block Private Data Transfer) of Outpost Firewall blocked the transfer of Computer System Password (stored in AwardBIOS setup) while uploading files to the internet like uploading files to hotmail.com for attachment, upload to sendthisfile.com to send file, never happened when I upload files to virustotal.com. Moreover, the outpost firewall sometimes block this Computer system password while I am visiting websites when I am connected to the internet.  This password is stored in the AwardBIOS setup, to be entered at computer system startup. I have entered this password in the outpost ID Block feature to prevent it. This message about ID Block is seen frequently again and again during file uploading to the internet.

(BIOS setup: Phoenix - AwardBIOS CMOS Setup Utility / BIOS version - Phoenix Technologies LTD 6.00 PG 13-12-2004)

What is the use of my Computer System password on the internet?

View the image of System Password Blocked by Outpost firewall attached with this post.

samnetx
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 07:47:51 AM by samnetx »

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Christian Geek - aka 'born again' Geek
I don't know what it is

But this feature looks very interesting and worthy to be in Avast