Author Topic: False Positive Win32:Rootkit-gen[Rtk] svchost.exe 2010  (Read 3735 times)

curbis

False Positive Win32:Rootkit-gen[Rtk] svchost.exe 2010
« on: April 07, 2010, 09:13:30 PM »
Hi All,

Sorry for my english, but I don't have the habit to post in another language than french.
Avast recently detected Win32:Rootkit-gen[Rtk] on my Windows XP, and proposed me to delete. Then, I accept.
But since, I have no more Internet connection on my computer, my desktop turned over to Win 95 skin and I can't copy/cut files.

Tranvelling into the web about similar problems, I found topics about, but older than June 2008. Avast effectivly published a Fix, but every links I found about doesn't work anymore.

The computer affected works under Windows XP Professionnal, and I lost the intallation CD. Please, does Avast recently published a new Fix I can download to reinstall svchost.exe?

Thank you.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: False Positive Win32:Rootkit-gen[Rtk] svchost.exe 2010
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 11:24:06 PM »
Sorry... but you should have sent the file to Chest instead of directing deleting it. Wasn't this the default action suggested by avast?
The CD of XP will help to use the command
sfc /scannow
If you can, run it...
The best things in life are free.

curbis

Re: False Positive Win32:Rootkit-gen[Rtk] svchost.exe 2010
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 11:50:06 AM »
Avast directly proposed me to delete. Then I trusted it.
I tried sfc /scannow; it inspected the WinXP files while 3 hours and didn't propose me to "repair"...