Author Topic: Mozilla products security threats and new versions  (Read 36086 times)

S.Z.Craftec

Re:Mozilla products security threats and new versions
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2004, 07:46:52 PM »
So, what is that telling you guys ? It tells me that it's pointless to argue which browser is better or more secure. We have to fight against hackers and believe in our browser's developers. Biggest problem is 'cause some developers don't want or don't have enough time to cooperate with their users. That's very wrong, 'cause they developed those programs for users in the first place... they need us, just like we need them. They will overcome all those problems sooner or latter... more security issues, more fixes on the way... it's normal, just like Alwil guys have to fight all the time against all those new viruses and treats... it's endless circle, it will be always like that...

Cheers !

neal62

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2004, 08:16:36 PM »
First of all my thanks to chameleon for bringing this security issue to the attention of those that it affects. I will probably upgrade to the newer versions of FF and TB when I am at my own home based pc later. As pointed out by many there is no perfect browser, O.S. or for that matter any software program. All we can do is to try to stay ahead of the hackers and their evil intentions with whatever software we are using. But, I must say in lieu of this I feel that I still am safer by using Firefox and Thunderbird programs than if I were back using I.E. and O.E. This of course is just MY opinion. One thing also that is a benefit for users of F.F. and T.B. is that they at least have a forum they can access to ask questions and get answers. As far as I know Microsoft, thence I.E. users do not have that benefit.
Thanks again chameleon ;)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2004, 08:17:24 PM by neal62 »

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2004, 08:27:44 PM »
neal62
I think I'm a MS user and there have been many occasions where I've gotten help from MS by using their help. ( No I don't mean the fee paid kind.)
As has already been stated in here many times, be careful, use precautions and try to stay safe. ;D
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2004, 08:44:09 PM »
Yeah, you just have to search under Microsoft newsgroups in your news cleint... it will find hundreds newsgroups, and there you can ask for help of any kind related to Microsoft products... there is always someone who is ready to help you with problems...

And as I said before, no one ever responded to my questions at Mozilla's forum...  :-\
« Last Edit: July 10, 2004, 08:45:03 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

cousindave

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2004, 09:01:51 PM »
And as I said before, no one ever responded to my questions at Mozilla's forum...  :-\
Sorry you had a bad experience.
I've always found the mozilla forums quite helpful.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2004, 09:14:02 PM »
Yeah, I still hope that is the only truth... but, why me ? Why always it has to be me ? I just reported small error with entering text issue in forums like this, and no one seems to have answer on that one... now, I use BBCode extension in Mozilla, and it works good so far, except there is no smilies feature...  :-\

It shouldn't be so big problem for Mozilla guys to fix that little issue. Of cource it's anoying, especially 'cause I spend so much time typing in this forum... when you use IE for this cause, everything is so smooth, without a single glitch... I would like to see Mozilla do that like IE, because my default browser at the moment is Mozilla... so it would be very helpful if someone comes up with solution for that minor, but very anoying and important problem.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2004, 12:22:03 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Staind

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2004, 09:30:59 PM »
So, what is that telling you guys ? It tells me that it's pointless to argue which browser is better or more secure. We have to fight against hackers and believe in our browser's developers. Biggest problem is 'cause some developers don't want or don't have enough time to cooperate with their users. That's very wrong, 'cause they developed those programs for users in the first place... they need us, just like we need them. They will overcome all those problems sooner or latter... more security issues, more fixes on the way... it's normal, just like Alwil guys have to fight all the time against all those new viruses and treats... it's endless circle, it will be always like that...

Cheers !
Please, It's not pointless at all.  Mozilla is more secure than Internet Explorer. Saying otherwise is ignorant.  Obviously browsers are bound to have some security hole but this is the first one mozilla has ever really released - how many has Microsoft had and how many are more to come? Don't use this as an example to say that Mozilla is insecure because frankly it's not.  Don't be ignorant.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2004, 09:39:08 PM »
This is what I wrote:

And you said it's not pointless to argue... I offered peace in here, and you still wanna continue with that verbal fight between IE fans and every-other browser fans. That's childish.

OK, probably you are one of those agressive ones, who wanna play hard. I am certainly not ignorant, most likely you are...   ;)

First security issue ? Is that making Mozilla any better than IE ? No, it doesn't. IE is much longer in this field than Mozilla, so that's why it's completely understandable and normal that there is much more errors and security holes. No one said IE is perfect, 'cause it's not, but at least they are working on fixing those problems. There is so many IE/Microsoft haters like (I guess) you are. Probably, just jealous 'cause Microsoft (be real) has monopol... nothing else... but, they worked hard in the past to establish that. Why no one else didn't come up with those ideas in the past ? That's why you are defending Mozilla so hard... You're not real, I am... I use both of them and I can tell the diference... and what's most important, I see errors in both of them. Telling that one is full of errors, and other one is great and error free, that's what I call ignorance.

First security hole and you are so happy... common, it makes me laugh... what's that mean "First" ? Do you think it's in the same time last security hole in Mozilla ? Yeah right, they fixed it and that puts Mozilla right on the top... untouchable one... I'm tired of this...

EDIT:
Anyway, you have your opinion, I have mine. I'm not gonna argue anymore, 'cause these forums are not meant to be as browser related issues forums. These forums are for Antivirus/avast! issues... So, I don't wanna waste any space any more with this issue...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2004, 10:07:30 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Staind

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2004, 10:25:29 PM »
First security issue ? Is that making Mozilla any better than IE ? No, it doesn't. IE is much longer in this field than Mozilla, so that's why it's completely understandable and normal that there is much more errors and security holes. No one said IE is perfect, 'cause it's not, but at least they are working on fixing those problems.
No, it really doesn't. Because IE has been in the field longer, it should in theory have less - they've had years to work on their browser.  One could argue that people have had years to find security holes, but Mozilla has a netscape background and can be compared to IE.  Netscape has less security holes.  Mozilla, also, has fixed their security holes.  Often it takes microsoft days or weeks to fix their problems after a lot of damage and money has been lost.

There is so many IE/Microsoft haters like (I guess) you are. Probably, just jealous 'cause Microsoft (be real) has monopol... nothing else... but, they worked hard in the past to establish that.
Please, give me a break.  Why would I care about the success of a company? I'm 17 years old, do you think it matters, to me, whether or not MS has a monopoly or not?

That's why you are defending Mozilla so hard... You're not real, I am... I use both of them and I can tell the diference... and what's most important, I see errors in both of them. Telling that one is full of errors, and other one is great and error free, that's what I call ignorance.
lol, yes you stop using a product after one security flaw? Better stop using Avast! as it misses some viruses too.

Anyway, you have your opinion, I have mine. I'm not gonna argue anymore, 'cause these forums are not meant to be as browser related issues forums. These forums are for Antivirus/avast! issues... So, I don't wanna waste any space any more with this issue...
Fine by me, I still think you're an idiot though.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2004, 10:35:59 PM »
You will be ignored after this, and only idiot here is you... especially after your post about rebel flag in Canada... so many people laughed at you, and they PMed me.. they don't even want to reply to your stupid posts you little brat...  better go back to school and learn something you haven't learned yet...

Btw, who ever said anything about abandoning any program just because it has some errors... you are reading something that doesn't exist.. paranoid.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2004, 11:29:11 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Staind

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2004, 10:40:27 PM »
You will be ignored after this, and only idiot here is you... especially after your post about rebel flag in Canada... so many people laughed at you, and they PMed me.. they don't even want to reply to your stupid posts you little brat...  better go back yto school and learn something new...
Yes it is such a laughable post.  I am glad I can help bring joy into people's lives.  I'm also glad they PMed you about it instead of addressing me.  What should I learn in school Craftec? How to communicate with idiots who have horrible English and pull stuff from their ass?

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2004, 10:45:30 PM »
As I said, you are the only idiot in here... My English is maybe bad, but that language is my second language, not my mother language. And you, while you ask, could go back to school and learn how to speak properly your own language, 'cause it's horror.  Let me hear you speak three languages, and then you can say something about my bad English... And also, you could learn some manners, or your precious father could tech you some...I mean, you learned from him how to hate other people... that's what you said...

I always liked the looks of the Confederate flag, also I've seen a few flown here in Canada. My dad and I always wanted to get one.

...and please stop using "idiot" word.. it reminds me of you.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2004, 12:25:48 AM by S.Z.Craftec »

Pavel Baudis

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2004, 11:18:50 PM »
I firmly ask all involved users:

please stop ALL personal attacks and endless flame wars  ;)

Thanks you for understanding

Pavel

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2004, 11:40:14 PM »
Thanks Pavel,
Very well understood.
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Max M.Wachtel III

« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2004, 11:44:27 PM »
This forum is a wonderful and friendly place with no room for petty arguements. Respect is what's needed.
(don't they teach that anymore?)
 ::)
-max