Author Topic: [SOLVED]Unable to disable Avast! self defense module?  (Read 28214 times)

Sophisticated

Re: How to disable Avast! self defense module?
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2010, 10:43:48 PM »
Yup i followed your instructions and do a clean installation..

but after the clean reinstallation the avast select folder scan still jump to scan  (C:\Users\Users\Documents\My Music)  even though i select it to scan only (C:\Users\Users\Documents) whereby this folder DON'T contain any subfolder named "My Music" in it. :'(

i know i am disabling the self defense module just to install, but i am also hope they could fix it or something.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2010, 10:50:25 PM »
avast select folder scan still jump to scan  (C:\Users\Users\Documents\My Music)  even though i select it to scan only (C:\Users\Users\Documents) whereby this folder DON'T contain any subfolder named "My Music" in it. :'(

Highly unlikely - you probably just don't see the folder for some reason.

Sophisticated

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 11:11:41 AM »
i have tried to enter the link (C:\Users\Users\Documents\My Music) into windows explorer and it return me "access is denied, location is not available".i when to setting and uncheck "follow links during scan" avast select folder scan no longer scan this directory anymore but when i right click and scan the folder again avast still jump to scan C:\Users\Users\Documents\My Music.so the issue got to do with follow links during scan? ::)

bong2x

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 11:30:50 AM »
(C:\Users\Users\Documents\My Music)

in vista there is the hidden folder like this, a shortcut inside user documents.
i don't know in win7

but still, try to unhide the hidden folder. in folder option via control panel
to see that folder my music is there ;)

Regards!!!

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 11:39:43 AM »
Well, "access denied" means the location exists - you only don't have rights to enter it (or go "through the link", as it's not a real folder, just a link).
If the path didn't exist, it would say "path not found" or something like that.

I'd suggest not to worry about it, avast! certainly doesn't make up any locations that aren't there ;)

Sophisticated

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 11:52:22 AM »
Yup i checked "show hidden files, folders and drives" but i don't see any My Music folder in C:\Users\Users\Documents\ but it jump to scan all the files in C:\Users\Users\Music using this link "C:\Users\Users\Documents\My Music"
i.e. C:\Users\Users\Documents\My Music\filesname

OH! really THANKS ALOT for the replies it make me feel alot better.

how about the enable avast! self defense module?i am unable to uncheck it.  ???

sorry for so many questions i am quite worried that my com give me alot of problems  :'(

anyway thanks again.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 12:03:28 PM by Sophisticated »

Sophisticated

Re: [SOLVED]How to disable Avast! self defense module?
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 09:47:13 PM »
I was unable to uncheck avast!self-defense module because my silent/gaming mode was turned on. while silent/gaming mode was turn on the pop up to confirm the action to disable avast self defense module doesn't pop-up and causing me not able to disable it.Hope some one who have the same problem as me could uncheck silent/gaming mode first before trying to uncheck avast self defense module.

But avast select folder scan and right click folder scan still jump to scan folders that i don't select at all. :'(

Thanks for these nice guys who care to help me out in this thread a big thanks to you guys. :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 09:48:47 PM by Sophisticated »