Author Topic: new avast version wont update??  (Read 1919 times)

romapenn

new avast version wont update??
« on: April 16, 2010, 06:50:48 AM »
I'm getting the red box that says my free subscription is about to expire and that I need to update. I have tried numerous times to update and try to get the download to open, but there is no icon on my desktop (where I like them to be) and it wont even let me open it from the download box. I'm told it's been downloaded (even takes about a minute to do it) and there's nothing on my desktop. Any computer geniuses know what I'm doing wrong?? Would love the help! Thank you!

UPDATE:
Ok. I uninstalled the older version and went through the installation to install the newer version, and there still isn't an icon for it. I even did a computer search for avast and it found nothing. I am so confused!! Help!!

UPDATE:  The avast setup wizard wont even come up to let me download the program.  I have never had a problem downloading things before, so I dont understand why this isnt working.  I am currently WITHOUT ANTIVIRUS and dont even want to be on the web without it.  I'm only on this site for now to see if I can get any help.  HELP!!!

****I am beginning to think there's something wrong with my downloading in general.  I tried to get another antivirus to download, and it's doing the same thing.  Any suggestions?  Where do I edit the settings for downloads?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 08:01:01 AM by romapenn »