Author Topic: avast! Internet Security 5.0.462: Will load onto one computer, not other  (Read 5760 times)

hidesert47

Loaded program first time onto 64-bit PC desktop running Vista Home Premium.  On 32-bit PC laptop, I get message "There was an error while completing the setup process."  Log return code: 0x00000570 [The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable].  Does this refer to the license file? I am not a tech level user.  What is my fix?  I have tried loading this at least 6 times.  Running fine on first system. Thx!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
I suggest an installation from the scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro.
7. Check and post the results.
The best things in life are free.

hidesert47

I'll try the above method and report back ... thanks.

hidesert47

Followed your instructions; same sequence as I had been doing previously.  There was no evidence in the program list that any part of avast had been installed previously.  Did file search and only found what I had previously saved to Desktop. Ran avast! uninstall utility from safe mode.  Rebooted.  Ran install with fresh version of avast! setup.  When I got to "License" screen I installed in "trial mode".  Next screen up is "Unistallation progress" (???).  Next screen is "Setup finished", displaying the "There was an error ..." message as shown in my first post.  Same return code as above.  I have saved the install log file to a .doc.  Is there a way someone can read this and figure out the problem? Log is too long to post.  
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:52:22 PM by hidesert47 »

hidesert47

Some help please???? Still looking for some resolution here ... I am stumped!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Some help please???? Still looking for some resolution here ... I am stumped!

Try this new build: http://files.avast.com/files/beta/5.0.499/setup_ais.exe
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

hidesert47

Tried to load new build 5.0.499 per Asyn's sugggestion.  No change.  Same error message.  Same error shown in install log.  Ran uninstall utillity "aswclear5" then tried to download free version with intent to upgrade and load license.  Same error upon downloading.  Does avast! offer any serious support, or am I on my own?  Or is there a way to get my money back and load another AV program?  AVG free has loaded and run fine on both my systems ... maybe I need to do that.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
The new stable build is out now with many fixes, read here:
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=58539.0
Please also consider that if you had another av on your system, it could make troubles.
Which other security-sw is/was running on your system?
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

hidesert47

I'm running Advanced System Care on both my desktop and laptop.  Avast! has been running very happily alongside that program on my desktop ... no issues whatsoever.  I will uninstall ASC from my laptop before proceeding, but I don't think it's creating any issue.