Author Topic: Avast 5 - Cannot Update License - Screenshot Provided  (Read 6609 times)

I-0

Avast 5 - Cannot Update License - Screenshot Provided
« on: April 16, 2010, 02:14:30 PM »
I've run Avast for years. A couple of weeks ago I received a red box on the old v.4x stating that my registration was going to expire. I clicked the box and was led to install Avast 5. Fine, I thought.

Now, my registration is about to expire on 05/01/10 and I cannot find a way to enter the new registration. I have already obtained a new registration and have reviewed the instructions, but there is no button in the new interface to click to initiate the process. The only button on my Avast 5 registration UI page is "Insert avast! Pro Antivirus / Internet Security license file".

How do I update the registration on my Avast 5 Free Antivirus? Screenshot provided...

« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 03:41:16 PM by I-0 »

jdeehere

Re: Avast 5 - Cannot Update License
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 03:05:30 PM »
Hi My ScreenName is jdeehere. If you look a few lines/posts above yours, You'll see my Help Posting. It appears a Lot of people look at our post (at present 17 on my Posting) yet No One seems to want to help us. I Have the exact same trouble you have found. If you discover how to do it PLEASE let me know. Thanks John D

jdeehere

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 03:17:13 PM »
Here's how you do it and it works just follow the instructions

----- Forwarded Message ----
To: johnduff26@yahoo.ie
Sent: Fri, 16 April, 2010 13:38:34
Subject: avast! registration

Dear avast! user,

Your registration of avast! free antivirus was successful. Your license key must now be inserted into the program.

Your license key is:

---------- cut here ----------
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
---------- cut here ----------

If you are using avast! Home Edition v4.8, the following instructions explain how to insert your license key. If you are using avast! Free Antivirus v5.0, please follow the instructions on the second page of this email.

To check which version of avast! antivirus you have on your computer, open the Start menu and look for the avast! program folder. A blue ball icon means you are using avast! Home Edition v4.8. If you are using avast! Free Antivirus v5.0, you will see an orange ball icon.

** For users of avast! Home Edition v4.8 (blue ball) **

1. Highlight the license key above, then right click on it and select "Copy"
2. Right click the blue "a-ball" in the bottom right corner of your computer screen, then left click "About avast!"
3. Left click "License key"
4. Right click in the empty License Key box then select "Paste"
5. Click "OK". Your license key is now inserted and the program can now be used free of charge for a further 12 months.

To see a video demonstration of how to insert the license key, please click on the following link:
http://www.avast.com/files/tutorials/insert_key.htm

If you experience any difficulties inserting the license key, please click here for more help:
http://support.avast.com/index.php?languageid=1&group=eng&_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=401

** For users of avast! Free Antivirus v5.0 (orange ball) **

1. Highlight the license key above, then right click on it and select "Copy"
2. Right click the orange "a-ball" in the bottom right corner of the screen, then left click "Registration information"
3. Click the "Insert license key" button at the bottom of the screen.
4. Right click in the empty Registration box then select "Paste"
5. Click "OK". Your license key is now inserted and the program can now be used free of charge for a further 12 months.

If you experience any difficulties inserting the license key, please click here for more help:
http://support.avast.com/index.php?languageid=1&group=eng&_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=459

** Do you need more protection than avast! free antivirus? **

avast! free antivirus is perfect for people who send e-mails and surf popular websites, but do not store any sensitive data on their computers. Check the following link to see how you can increase your protection with avast! Internet Security - the recommended product for people that shop and bank on-line:
http://www.avast.com/lp-upgrade-from-free-5-standard

** Important notice **

Please note that under the license conditions avast! Home Edition or Free Antivirus is for home, personal and non-commercial use only. Commercial versions of avast! can be found at:
http://www.avast.com/security-software-business

Thank you for choosing avast! antivirus.

The ALWIL Software team

I-0

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 03:35:19 PM »
Thank you for your reply jdeehere, but if you'll review my screenshot, there is no "Insert license key" button at the bottom of the screen to click."

Anyone?...

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Avast 5 - Cannot Update License - Screenshot Provided
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 05:15:32 PM »
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.