Author Topic: HELP!!! AVAST! 5 ISN'T WORKING FOR ME I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING!!!!  (Read 17871 times)

rdmaloyjr

Re: HELP!!! AVAST! 5 ISN'T WORKING FOR ME I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING!!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2010, 09:15:34 PM »
I'm using Immunet Protect MSE on XP sp3 32bit till avast! 5 is fixed.

ZoneAlarm Pro is working great with MSE! 8)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 04:51:00 AM by rdmaloyjr »

bobo1

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 09:55:48 PM »
Hmm,
Windows defender is some kind of antivirus you should remove this before putting avast 5 on. Did your dell original restore cd have a bundled antivirus on it? and put this on your root drive?. In the uk DELL ship & Install macafee or symantec/nortons. REMOVE THESE AT ALL COSTS BEFORE PUTTING AVAST ON WITH THEIR REMOVAL TOOLS!?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2010, 10:01:19 PM »
REMOVE THESE AT ALL COSTS BEFORE PUTTING AVAST ON WITH THEIR REMOVAL TOOLS!?

We never got to this step, as he/she gave up before...
But you're absolutely right!! :)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

marquita188

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 01:44:32 AM »
i gave up on avast 5, and have gone back to avast 4.8, and it works right again!! I won't be upgrading again for long time!!

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 05:01:08 AM »
Good that avast 4 is working. :) Keep it on for one more month, and switch back to avast 5. By that time, everything will be alright. :-\

nmb

marquita188

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2010, 05:10:41 AM »
Good that avast 4 is working. :) Keep it on for one more month, and switch back to avast 5. By that time, everything will be alright. :-\

nmb

OK, i guess.

Bobka55

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 06:10:15 PM »
I have downloaded Avast Internet Security for 3 computers and installed with the license on two computers sucessfully. The third computer just does not work when AIS is installed?? If I uninstall it the computer works fine... Does anyone know why this would happen?

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2010, 06:14:23 PM »
-edited-
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 06:21:25 PM by nmb »

Saty

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2010, 08:28:33 PM »
Hmm,
Windows defender is some kind of antivirus you should remove this before putting avast 5 on. Did your dell original restore cd have a bundled antivirus on it? and put this on your root drive?. In the uk DELL ship & Install macafee or symantec/nortons. REMOVE THESE AT ALL COSTS BEFORE PUTTING AVAST ON WITH THEIR REMOVAL TOOLS!?

bobo1,

just some info

Windows defender is not some kind of antivirus and does not interfere with Avast 5 or Avast 4.8 for that matter, Its perfectly happy running side by side with either Avast versions.

Im sure if you look at peoples signatures you'll see it being used from time to time.

Im surprised YoKenny didnt see your post~grins~

Saty

YoKenny

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2010, 08:34:13 PM »
I have downloaded Avast Internet Security for 3 computers and installed with the license on two computers sucessfully. The third computer just does not work when AIS is installed?? If I uninstall it the computer works fine... Does anyone know why this would happen?
Each computer system is as different as the 100 Million users of avast! so providing information about the system that avast! does not work on would help fix the problem.

bobo1

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2010, 09:11:35 PM »
Hi
I don't like Windows vista, certain is is something that was bundled with the dell computer could be causing trouble old antivirus (drivers etc in system 32 folder) if 4.8 is running ok so use it but updates for this will soon stop.
I use Windows xp sp3 and fully updated and avast 5 has worked ok for me when it first came out. Just minor update problems first of all

YoKenny

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2010, 09:45:06 PM »
Hmm,

bobo1,

just some info

Windows defender is not some kind of antivirus and does not interfere with Avast 5 or Avast 4.8 for that matter, Its perfectly happy running side by side with either Avast versions.

Im sure if you look at peoples signatures you'll see it being used from time to time.

Im surprised YoKenny didnt see your post~grins~

Saty
bobo1 has not figured out how to update their profile yet and DavidR an avast! Überevangelist recommends having system information in the siganture to help diagnose situations.

shinigurai

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2010, 06:15:39 PM »
i used 4.8 for a long time without any problems, but i decided to get the new 5.0 and it run fine for a while. but 3 weeks ago it's stopped working, cant do anything with it so i tried to uninstall 5.0 run the removal program(no problems with that) and install 4.8 again but that stops running too after a while(1 day)

5.0 says when i try to turn it on : error File System Shield provider not found
4.8 says: something about aavm, cant remeber what exactly
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 06:21:00 PM by shinigurai »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2010, 04:35:15 AM »
I suggest an installation from the scratch:

1. Download the latest version of avast! Uninstall Utility and save it.
2. Download the latest avast! version and save it.
3. Uninstall avast from Control Panel (if possible). If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after that.
4. Run the avast! Uninstall Utility saved on 1. If, for any reason, you can't run it, try booting in Safe Mode and doing it from there. Anyway, boot after you've run it.
5. Install avast! using the setup saved on 2. Boot.
6. Register your free copy or add the license key for Pro.
7. Check and post the results.
The best things in life are free.

andy_3_013

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2010, 07:47:19 PM »
hi,
newbie here. to this forum anyway :)
this thread seems most appropriate, so...
i've installed avast 5 on 3 pc's. 2 for friends, 1 on my sons.
all 3 running different os'es.
windows 7, vista and xp.
all 3 stopped working. "your system is not secure" "fix now" "service has been stopped" etc
uninstalled all 3, and reinstalled.
2 friends copies seem to be still working. haven't heard otherwise so far.
however, son's has stopped working again. xp version. and it was password protected so he couldn't turn it off (he's 15)

any ideas? or can someone point me in the direction of a thread that answers this :)