Author Topic: Scanning last downloaded file  (Read 24347 times)

doktornotor

Re: Scanning last downloaded file
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2010, 09:11:05 PM »
Well, once again - go tell me when your BSD download is finished. The behaviour you have described only happens when you have a code like this:

Code: [Select]
<link rel="prefetch" href="URL">

or equivalent in the page code; see the documentation. If someone sticks similar code on a page with download links, that person is an idiot.

Finished with this pointless debate and back to the topic: can we get up-to-date documentation on applications supported by the webshield and the implementation thereof in different supported OSes.. Thanks.

Hermite15

« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2010, 09:20:17 PM »
you're an extremely unpleasant person ... (edited)

edit: you're talking about things you've never experienced yourself, denying their existence, and you either got misled by the interface, or you're simply lying when stating here that the web shield scan FDM downloads on port 80.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 09:24:41 PM by Logos »

doktornotor

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2010, 09:24:07 PM »
See, this is completely uncalled for... Can we refrain from this ad hominem off-topic stuff and get some information on the webshield scanning? Only found outdated info on v4 on the website. 

(Also, all of this could have been easily be prevented in the first place if you didn't make completely incorrect and unreasonable assumptions wrt the screenshots I've posted).

Hermite15

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2010, 09:25:16 PM »
you're an extremely unpleasant person ... (edited)

edit: you're talking about things you've never experienced yourself, denying their existence, and you either got misled by the interface, or you're simply lying when stating here that the web shield scans FDM downloads on port 80.

cross posted

doktornotor

« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2010, 09:36:33 PM »
edit: you're talking about things you've never experienced yourself, denying their existence, and you either got misled by the interface, or you're simply lying when stating here that the web shield scans FDM downloads on port 80.

OK, I installed FDM, downloaded CCleaner via it, without any browser there being involved, and made a screenshot of that FDM window and the webshield which has scanned that file. Finished with you personally and would appreciate an ON TOPIC answer from the developers on applications supported by webshield and the working on XP/Vista/W7. Not interested in hearing more theories on how FF cached something.

Hermite15

« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2010, 09:43:01 PM »
you don't have to listen (read) if you're bored ...your screenshot only showed that the web shield scanned a download ... and that the same download was done through a download manager. Both windows don't need to appear on the screen at the same time to appear on the same screen shot...see what I mean?

Hermite15

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2010, 12:17:34 AM »
I don't think anyone in this thread did that, but it works like this (just tried):

1 set the download proxy to 127.0.0.1/12080 (this can be done on each download individually in FDM, so don't do that globally, you need ftp sites etc...)

2 add ProcessOptin=fdm.exe in Webshield.ini

>>> and then miracle the web shield scans fdm's downloads on port 80 ;D

(with the proxy setting only, the download won't even start >>> the webshield ini file modification is mandatory)