Author Topic: Java Required for Avast 5 Interface?  (Read 2088 times)

Le Boule

Java Required for Avast 5 Interface?
« on: April 18, 2010, 03:45:35 AM »
I'm familiar with a user who could never register Avast 5 and complained of stalls and generally poor performance and eventually uninstalled it and used another AV for a while.  He has since installed Java on the computer and this time when he installed Avast 5 everything worked properly including the registration process.

So I'm curious - is Java required to be installed for the Avast 5 interface to properly work?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Java Required for Avast 5 Interface?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 05:03:46 AM »
JAVA 'isn't required' for the avastUI.

Flash is required for some areas of the avastUI, the Statistics section of the Summary and areas with the graphs. But it isn't a mandatory requirement, just that if you already it installed as the majority of people do for viewing Flash content in web pages, then you don't have to do anything. For those that don't have the Flash player installed you just don't get the statistical graphs.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security