Author Topic: Avast Internet Security Freezes system...  (Read 3318 times)

Bobka55

Avast Internet Security Freezes system...
« on: April 18, 2010, 06:19:12 PM »
I bought AIS for 3 computers, installed it on one PC and one laptop without any problems. The second PC is nothing but problems, if I install AIS with the license the computer just does not move... I have windows XP home edition, I have uninstalled the AIS and the computer is fine, when I reinstall it the computer again will take forever to open anything...

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast Internet Security Freezes system...
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 06:43:18 PM »
what antivirus was on the computer before you installed avast ?
have you removed it ?
have you run a removal tool for that program to remove all leftovers ?
you can find uninstaller tools here http://uninstallers.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 06:45:44 PM by Pondus »

Bobka55

Re: Avast Internet Security Freezes system...
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 07:04:20 PM »
I had Avast free and yes I uninstalled it before installing the Avast Internet Security...   I uninstalled again and deleted the downloaded setup program to start from scratch. Again I downloaded the Avast Internet security program and installed it with the license, same thing...   I restarted the computer, disabled the virus protection (so I could navigate on the computer) downloaded an update for Avast Internet Security and installed it. One more restart and now it is running perfectly.  Why I didn't have that problem on the other two computers I don't know...  If you have a similar problem try downloading an update for Avast program and installing it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 08:40:33 PM by Bobka55 »