Author Topic: Avast.com link triggers "Trojan detected" alarm again (FP? ) keeps coming back  (Read 4656 times)

StelRV

Can someone please help :(

On the avast icon globe (in the notification tool bar) "About Avast",  includes a link to Avast.com clicking it I immediately get the "Trojan found" alarm. Recomends "abort connection"  

I always thought this was the safest way to get to the avast or any software web site.

How do I get a wrong IP inside this box?

How can I make sure my browser is not redirected?  

I had no other browser or page opened, this is the Info I copied from the abort connection box  and URL (modified with x):
 htxp://wxw.mybrowserbar.com/cgi/errors.cgi?r=n&q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.avast.com%2Findex.html&ccv=130&cnid=xx4563&ISN=BC95DF3F3FA3487B8AF20DA1D5D0930x&type=404&ct=12\{gzip}

JS:ScriptIP-inf [Trj]
Trojan Horse
100415-1, 04/15/2010

I did scanned and it didn't find it. I checked the log and it said signs of trojan found with that page link.  ???scanning with SAS and MBAM shows nothing

I'm running Avast! Pro 4.8 still good for one more year
Firefox with 3rd party cookies blocked/delete history upon exit the browser
Windows Vista Premium

please help,
Thanks
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 02:07:52 AM by StelRV »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Trojan detected for Avast own link browser re-directed?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 10:44:37 AM »
Your avast is not updated (100415-1, 04/15/2010) latest VPS is 19.4.2010 - 100419-0
http://www.avast.com/en-eu/virus-update-history-2010
Maybe it was an FP, so update and try again

StelRV

Re: Trojan detected for Avast own link browser re-directed?
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 01:59:05 PM »
At the time it was updated. This happened last Friday But I had to go away and could not sent the question then.

Today I try it again and there was no problem with the link

The log always shows a scanning warning file x_AavmcheckFileDirectEX [UNI]:C:\Users\Owner\microsoft\cookies\index.dat

Also when I scan my external drive there are files that make avast SAS and MBAM freeze> I have been deleting some of those files they are just some embroidery digitizing files

Could you please tell me the best way to protect the external hard drive  I don't think it has U3 system to use avast! U3 Edition

Thanks for your quick response

StelRV

This happened again today around 8pm  and here is the Avast version update today. I reported False positive to Avast and Hope this is a FP. When I do abort connection I get the message "connection reset"

JS:ScriptIP-inf [Trj]
Trojan Horse
100421-1, 04/21/2010

Any other suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 02:11:23 AM by StelRV »