Author Topic: AIS firewall: added (global) rule ignored and other issues  (Read 1977 times)

Hermite15

AIS firewall: added (global) rule ignored and other issues
« on: April 19, 2010, 02:33:07 PM »
1 blocking an IP range doesn't work anymore

+ as mentioned in other threads:
2 the log is displaying misleading information about blocked incoming connections
3 switching on the fly from "home" zone to "public" zone doesn't prevent communication between systems through W7 homegroups

I mean guys, at least this last issue would deserve a quick fix, as it could put systems at risk when connecting to a public wi-fi network. Some people use the old "account/networkname" system, sometimes I wouldn't be surprised with no password required >>> imagine the consequences. On XP and Vista there's no IPsec if Windows firewall is off...so no encryption ::)

Some AIS issues have been left un-addressed for weeks and weeks, and I understand there's not too much pressure from the forums because very few people post about the firewall ::) ...same goes for virtualization that doesn't work as it should and as it use to...(and it's not just me).  Some of those things have been reported during the last mini-beta-testing (before 507 got released)...wondering what for...
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 02:36:24 PM by Logos »