Author Topic: Only half the files been scanned  (Read 3070 times)

cagor

Only half the files been scanned
« on: July 11, 2004, 01:12:31 PM »
Hi everyone

I've just completed a standard scan and noticed only half the usual amount of files/folders have been scanned, and it (obviously ;) took half the time to scan them.

Any ideas as to why this should suddenly happen please?

Thanks, C.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:Only half the files been scanned
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 01:23:59 PM »
Do you always run the scan with the same settings? I.e. did you also use standard scan previously, with the same setting for archive files? Of course, the number of files will be different for different options...

cagor

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 01:42:11 PM »
Hi Igor, thanks for replying.

No, I dont always use the same settings, but the last one I did was done using the standard scan and I compared to it previous scans on the same setting, and thats when I noticed the difference this time.

Not sure if makes a difference, but when my VRDB was updating, when it had finished I had message up saying error occured while updating, so I did another manual update just before I did the scan this morning.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 10:04:27 AM »
I don't think VRDB has anything to do with it... well, try to watch for any suspiciouc changes - if they appear again, you can turn on the creation of the Report file (and include the "OK" files) - so that you can see what exactly has been scanned.

cagor

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 04:17:21 PM »
Just done another scan, and everything seems fine now, but thank you for your help :)