Author Topic: Avast 5 not fulfill their responsibilities  (Read 4009 times)

nampt

Avast 5 not fulfill their responsibilities
« on: April 19, 2010, 02:41:44 PM »
All the customer's computer I installed Avast Home 4.8. My own computer and work directly as the most important computer, I have installed Avast 5.0 to test and wait days to deploy stable customers. But unfortunately, these days I recently found a heavy machine running without any doubt, thought that was long on dusty CPU fan has not had time to remove it to clean. Today I tried installing several different antivirus programs to test the command line features I need the machine has detected a virus, I scanned and scanned, then reinstall Avast 5 pro to boot-time scan, then kill some viruses ADDRESS . Now what should I do here? There should scan test on the machine was installed Avast 4.8?

Hermite15

Re: Avast 5 not fulfill their responsibilities
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 02:59:05 PM »
excuse me but your post doesn't mean anything ::)

edifyguy

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 03:28:22 PM »
I think he's saying that he's been using 4.8 and installing on his customer's computers, then he tried v.5 on his to see if it was stable before he started putting it on his customers' machines. He feels that it slowed his computer down, but was thinking of blaming it on a clogged CPU cooler, and hasn't had time to clean it yet. He then tried several others to test the commandline scanners, as he believed that the machine did in fact have a virus, and Avast! v.5 boot-time scanner caught some. He feels that v.4.8 should have caught those viruses before.

Correct me if I'm wrong on the interpretation. I'm not an expert, but I am familiar enough with Eastern grammar to be able to pick out most meanings in cases like this.

My personal answer is simply that no antivirus can catch everything, but v.5 has made significant improvements to detection. I think if you had run the 4.8 boot-time scanner it would have caught them as well. Avast! is the best by far, but nothing is perfect, and the evil coders are working overtime to get around the AV people. When stuff slips through, just update and boot scan. That's why Avast! excels at detection AND removal.

nampt

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 03:40:59 PM »
The meaning is to remove the existing version 5.0 and version 5.0 legacy development from version 4.8

Hermite15

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 03:57:19 PM »
The meaning is to remove the existing version 5.0 and version 5.0 legacy development from version 4.8

or the contrary ??? ;D

bong2x

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 04:33:35 PM »
 ;D i will make it more complicated for you logos ;D

::) he/she try TO tell that 5.0 cannot detect the virus that 4.8 has detected before  :o

he run/test on his/her machine but only 5.0 make his/her machine slow, he/she did not suspected that this is the fault of avast so he/she try to clean up hiss/her cpu fan but after cleaning its the same :o

he/she try to uninstall/re-install 5.0, but still cannot detect the virus.
he/she try to install other antivirus and test, its detected by other anti virus ;D
meaning!!! its not FP :o

and he/she want that 5.0 detect this virus because it is develop from 4.8 and 4.8 can detect it.

ANY HELP?

BEST REGARDS!!!

« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 04:38:12 PM by bong2x »

nampt

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 07:56:30 PM »
I think he's saying that he's been using 4.8 and installing on his customer's computers, then he tried v.5 on his to see if it was stable before he started putting it on his customers' machines. He feels that it slowed his computer down, but was thinking of blaming it on a clogged CPU cooler, and hasn't had time to clean it yet. He then tried several others to test the commandline scanners, as he believed that the machine did in fact have a virus, and Avast! v.5 boot-time scanner caught some. He feels that v.4.8 should have caught those viruses before.

Correct me if I'm wrong on the interpretation. I'm not an expert, but I am familiar enough with Eastern grammar to be able to pick out most meanings in cases like this.

My personal answer is simply that no antivirus can catch everything, but v.5 has made significant improvements to detection. I think if you had run the 4.8 boot-time scanner it would have caught them as well. Avast! is the best by far, but nothing is perfect, and the evil coders are working overtime to get around the AV people. When stuff slips through, just update and boot scan. That's why Avast! excels at detection AND removal.
Very near my idea.

Additional: Avast5 can't detect when virus come but later it can detect when boot-time scan, I think, If 4.8 then virus can't come

PS: This topic has been translated from google translation should be slightly confusing
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 08:05:07 PM by nampt »