Author Topic: Having Trouble Getting A Renewal Subscription Key For 4.8  (Read 8751 times)

Rickochet

Having Trouble Getting A Renewal Subscription Key For 4.8
« on: April 19, 2010, 05:59:32 PM »
The year subscription has expired on my laptop and I get the red message window.  I click on that then hit the renewal home editon button.  I did this more than 24hrs. ago and have not received any renewal keys.  I have registered again from the laptop and registered from my home desktop.  I have Avast the home edition on my desktop also.  Can I just use the key for it?  I do not have any spam filters turned on.  
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 11:27:12 PM by Rickochet »

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
Re: Having Trouble Getting A Renewal Subscription Key
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 06:33:46 PM »
If they are both free editions, the key can be copied and used on the other computer.

I'm assuming that you're using 4.8?

If you're using 5, then there is no email.  Once you complete the registration, that's it.  It should just say "Registered".  There are no emails anymore.

Now, there are registration "keys" (or license), but that's only for the paid products.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

Rickochet

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 06:47:58 PM »
If they are both free editions, the key can be copied and used on the other computer.

Now, there are registration "keys" (or license), but that's only for the paid products.
They are both 4.8 free editions.  I will try to use the one from my desktop.  I am just surprised I haven't received an email from Avast.  I renewed both my desktops recently with no problems. 

Rickochet

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 07:00:43 PM »

They are both 4.8 free editions.  I will try to use the one from my desktop.  I am just surprised I haven't received an email from Avast.  I renewed both my desktops recently with no problems.  

I tried using the key from my desktop and it won't do anything when I paste it in and hit "OK". 
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 07:06:08 PM by Rickochet »

Rickochet

Re: Having Trouble Getting A Renewal Subscription Key For 4.8
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 12:39:31 PM »
Two days now and no key for 4.8.  Has Avast stopped supporting 4.8?

Offline Zyndstoff (aka Steven Gail)

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • I can resist anything except temptation.
    • tex62
7 x64 SP1, FF 8a Aurora, TB6, 6.0.1203 Free
Free MBAM Clear

Rickochet

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 10:47:55 PM »
http://www.avast.com/en-gb/registration-free-antivirus.php

That should help you.

I have already been through this several times reregistering and it always says it went though but I never get anything back from Avast. 

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 11:44:37 PM »
Try this link and if you don't get anything back you are going to have to consider the email is getting bounced by an ISP spam filter, in which case try a free email account like Yahoo or Gmail as that has got past that blockage in the past.

- You could also try the SSL Registration Page (avast! 4.x only): https://secure.avast.com/scripts/register.php?lang=ENG. Select the My registration key has expired, I need a new one option and complete the form.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Rickochet

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 02:08:05 AM »
Try this link and if you don't get anything back you are going to have to consider the email is getting bounced by an ISP spam filter, in which case try a free email account like Yahoo or Gmail as that has got past that blockage in the past.

- You could also try the SSL Registration Page (avast! 4.x only): https://secure.avast.com/scripts/register.php?lang=ENG. Select the My registration key has expired, I need a new one option and complete the form.

I tried using my Yahoo mail account with no luck.  I had to use the Yahoo addy to update my desktops.  I will try the link you suggested.  Could it be that Avast is no longer wanting people to renew 4.8?  Thanks for the info.  

Edited:  I just tried the above link and got a message that the page does not exist. 
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 02:10:52 AM by Rickochet »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 02:19:06 AM »
You're welcome.

That isn't the case as 4.8 is still supported and is the only option for those using win9.x or winME, so that isn't the reason.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 09:15:15 AM »

That should help you.

I tried this link and ordered an activation key 2 days ago: it took only 10 minutes to be delivered.
There must be something with your Email Provider's server going wrong.
Use a gmail account.
Free MBAM Clear

Rickochet

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 11:31:03 AM »

That should help you.
I tried this link and ordered an activation key 2 days ago: it took only 10 minutes to be delivered.
There must be something with your Email Provider's server going wrong.
Use a gmail account.

I used a yahoo mail addy a few weeks ago to get my desktop renewal code.  I used the yahoo addy again and got no reply. 

doktornotor

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 11:47:37 AM »
I used a yahoo mail addy a few weeks ago to get my desktop renewal code.  I used the yahoo addy again and got no reply. 

Yes; use a Gmail account. Yahoo antispam policy is something that would deserve a daily cluebat lessons for all the responsible folks out there until they are all blue. They are routinely rejecting absolutely legitimate email for no good reason and forcing people to go thru their obnoxious paperwork every couple of weeks to get whitelisted, only for the email to get dropped again couple weeks later. So, once again - use a Gmail account.

Rickochet

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2010, 01:26:31 PM »

Yes; use a Gmail account. Yahoo antispam policy is something that would deserve a daily cluebat lessons for all the responsible folks out there until they are all blue. They are routinely rejecting absolutely legitimate email for no good reason and forcing people to go thru their obnoxious paperwork every couple of weeks to get whitelisted, only for the email to get dropped again couple weeks later. So, once again - use a Gmail account.

Unfortunately Gmail requires you to have a mobile phone with texting capability to receive your verification code which I do not have. 

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • tex62
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2010, 01:30:32 PM »
Unfortunately Gmail requires you to have a mobile phone with texting capability to receive your verification code which I do not have.  

Perhaps you do have a friend with a mobile phone...?

According to this: http://www.solidindian.com/create-gmail-account-without-mobile-number/ you can set up an account without mobile phone. I can't check that from europe, sorry.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 01:42:28 PM by Zyndstoff »
Free MBAM Clear