Author Topic: Avast5: Some advance questions?  (Read 5789 times)

nampt

Avast5: Some advance questions?
« on: April 09, 2010, 11:57:06 AM »
1. When I silent install Avast5 I want to silent setup action when virus is found as follow image:
http://nampt.com/temp/aa.jpg
How to silent setup? give me a export registry file, a data file in Avast5 folder or etc.
2. How to quick scan a driver by command line with delete action when virus is found? (ex. Scan H: without action is "ashquick H:")

Thank you very much!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast5: Some advance questions?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 04:38:12 PM »
There isn't a silent installation for avast 5 anymore.
Are you deploying it into a network? You can use ADNM or the server version, but I think the version 5 wasn't released for these environments yet.
The command line is only for Pro version and the parameters are described in the help file.
The best things in life are free.

Offline Shiw Liang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 05:37:44 PM »
You can cut the voice if you want :)
You have to go to setting to change it

Setting>Sound>Voiceover sounds

nampt

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 08:33:28 PM »
There isn't a silent installation for avast 5 anymore.
Are you deploying it into a network? You can use ADNM or the server version, but I think the version 5 wasn't released for these environments yet.
The command line is only for Pro version and the parameters are described in the help file.
Avast Home 4.8 quite good (Only bad ashquick.exe), avast5 quite bad. Bad everything. Why? ??? I don't understand? Upgraded or downgraded

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 08:46:58 PM »
nampt, some features come, some features go. It's natural in software development.
I can't see avast 5 as worse than 4.8. On contrary.
But, indeed, this feature is missing.

nampt

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 09:24:12 PM »
I did not realize at the basic points should be inherited from the previous version. I only see one point or in avast5 is possible to install it before every free virus detection. Left it too unfamiliar with 4.8, not only cut the command line that I need to both methods to detect the virus also leads to big change for avast5 to choose life or the software I use daily lives. Generally we do not want computers to do experiments for new ideas, I want to leave from the newly released version 5 but for love of Avast and version 4.8 remains.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 10:49:00 PM »
Tech, I don't think the OP was asking about silent (unattended) installation, but rather about automatic (silent) actions when a virus is found.
However, I don't understand the question good enough to be able to provide any meaningful answer... ;) :-\
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 12:16:25 AM »
Tech, I don't think the OP was asking about silent (unattended) installation, but rather about automatic (silent) actions when a virus is found.
I see... He talked about "setup" and that confused me.
Anyway, I think he's asking for "exporting and importing" configurations. As far I know, we can't do it (yet).

nampt

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 06:39:09 PM »
I see... He talked about "setup" and that confused me.
Anyway, I think he's asking for "exporting and importing" configurations. As far I know, we can't do it (yet).

We can do it after installed & before restart Windows

Thanks & waiting new answear!

nampt

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 08:29:10 PM »
I found AVG Free, top 3 free & support full command line
Hic, waiting AVG boot-time scan...

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 08:40:42 PM »
I got it.

He is asking this :

1. He wants install avast silently and together with that he wants some kind of configuration file which makes the settings as he wants. So he doesnt want to dig into the settings of avast! to change everything.

2. He wants a command line parameter to scan a file and if detected, delete it automatically.

Am I right, Nampt?

doktornotor

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 09:32:21 PM »
He're a humble suggestion, and I'd suggest to sticky it somewhere as well... If people are going to post Google translated stuff or similar (Babelfish?), they should post the original in their native language together with it. With a wide user base Avast has, there's at least a remote chance someone will understand that language and perhaps provide a non-broken translation to English. Some posts here are absolutely impossible to understand.

nampt

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 04:57:36 AM »
I got it.

He is asking this :

1. He wants install avast silently and together with that he wants some kind of configuration file which makes the settings as he wants. So he doesnt want to dig into the settings of avast! to change everything.

2. He wants a command line parameter to scan a file and if detected, delete it automatically.

Am I right, Nampt?

I want to create a/some bat file, ex.: installAvast.bat. In this file can be: silent install, silent update vps/program, silent insert key, boot-time scan with custom action, quick scan with custom option(disk, folder)/action(move to chest, repair, delete), setup action when detect virus.

thanks for read!

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 05:02:35 AM by nampt »