Author Topic: Managed machines not communicating  (Read 8246 times)

AbelCom

Managed machines not communicating
« on: April 14, 2010, 09:44:40 PM »
I have 10 xp machines and 4 2003r2 machines which have all stopped communicating as of the same time this morning. The machines are pingable however the agent is not communicating. I have not purchased the licienced version yet as I have been testing...would that cause the issue? I have only had it up for about 2 weeks nor.

If not does anyone know of any known cause for this?

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
Re: Managed machines not communicating
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 09:46:29 PM »
Communicating with what exactly?  The ADNM server? Each other on the network?  The internet?
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

AbelCom

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 09:59:22 PM »
Communicating with the ADM server, Icons are black Ping function says their reachable by the ADm however their listed as 24 hours since last communication.

AbelCom

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 10:26:15 PM »
update: I initiated a VBS update and some of the machines appear to have re-established com, icons have went green, some still show black however and the update status simply show waiting on others and seems stuck in that condition.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2010, 07:58:46 PM »
Ok, well it sounds like the ADNM console has it's IP address correctly configured if some are contacting it at least.

Sometimes firewalls on the client computers will block communication with the ADNM server.  Check the Admin guide for what ports it uses and open them up if they aren't already (setup should have done this for you).

Also, the computer list is not "real-time".  You have to click on the group or one of the computers and hit F5 to refresh the page.  If you just leave it up, it'll never change the scenery...
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

AbelCom

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 01:51:21 AM »
All done but same issue still exists. All systems on the network have Firewalls configured to permit and I have refreshed the screen many times however all systems still show black. The last com was yesterday at 5:30pm pst and the client side log shows a full page of Setiface log update failures reeads as

Function SetifaceupdatePackages() has failed. Return Code is 0x00000004, dwRes is 20000004

However in the mids of that page of massages there is on that states the VRDB generation was successful

Its as if things are functioning but not reporting back.

Any thoughts?

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 04:59:16 PM »
How about previous A/V products?

So far, the only thing that I've found with your error is this: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=30080.0

It doesn't explain what the error means though.

VRDB generation doesn't have anything to do with virus definitions though.  In fact, it's not very useful at all anymore, and has been omitted in version 5.

If I were you, I'd just take one of the machines that are giving you problems, and remove / re-install the avast client.  Then check to see if it starts reporting correctly afterwards.  I'm not really sure why they all worked for 2 weeks and then 10 machines stop reporting though... It doesn't make sense.

butterfly320

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 04:22:08 AM »
Regular updates are an optional part of our Managed Machines. We'll perform monthly updates remotely and after hours so that your computers are always up to date with little interruption to your workflow.As for coach purses and handbags, the designers have their own brand value, even for their bags. discounted coach purses are so durable and have strong power for water-proof and fire-proof. imitation coach purses relates to their special material. What they used for their bags are not leather or other common materials, they use a special material called “Canvas” and add one more material called “PVC” to enhance its water-proof. It is not easy fray. And what’s more, they already stand their position in the market for one hundred and fifty years.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 10:12:11 AM by butterfly320 »