Author Topic: Avast 5.0.545 is blocking wolfteam  (Read 4176 times)

spydur

Avast 5.0.545 is blocking wolfteam
« on: May 19, 2010, 07:03:24 AM »
Hello,
as of last week avast has been blocking a well known game called wolfteam. it makes it impossible to load a map until avast is disabled and the game is restarted. has anyone seen this issue before or have a fix?
Wolfteam uses a p2p style structure for it's game hosting if that helps.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast 5.0.545 is blocking wolfteam
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 01:58:28 PM »
avast doesn't block but scans and alerts to infection, are you saying that is what it does ?

Are there any errors displayed, if so what ?

Rather than disable all of avast, try just disabling one shield at a time to see which is is. I don't believe the P2P Shield would be monitoring this activity as it wouldn't be on its supported p2p applications list, so try that first.

Try the Web Shield next as that monitors port 80 HTTP traffic, if the game uses port 80 then the web shield would expect the HTTP protocol to be used and if a P2P protocol were used that could tie up the web shield.

Try the Network Shield next, though I don't believe that would have any impact unless it considers where the map is being downloaded from is considered malicious, in which case you would get an alert.

Sorry I can't be any more practical help I'm not a gamer.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

k4rl3x

Re: Avast 5.0.545 is blocking wolfteam
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 09:09:51 PM »
Hello,
as of last week avast has been blocking a well known game called wolfteam. it makes it impossible to load a map until avast is disabled and the game is restarted. has anyone seen this issue before or have a fix?
Wolfteam uses a p2p style structure for it's game hosting if that helps.

I have same problem.. when I try to start a match it has freezing in the picture maps.. well I only have a no good solution for us, before start the game Wolfteam disable avast (ALL, not only P2P shield), then start wolfteam and you can play the game normally.. I dont like to do this but, for now is only we can do.
PS: Maybe the problem is not with Wolfteam, it could be a problem between nProtect and Avast, I notice that always I start the game, nProtect download again the last 5 updates.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 09:12:31 PM by k4rl3x »